Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ra Thursday's Child was full of Grace!

Thursday 10:30 a.m.
Haven't had a beer since Saturday. Can practically hear the globules of fat splash off the ground. No money, no temptations.

I finished re-writing the first chapter of my book yesterday. Now I've got to hack my way through the rest of it and tidy it up, add stuff. This re-write is a wee bit unusual for me since normally I like to cut things back. Adding things means you'd got to do more re-writes, but the novel needs another 20,000 words anyway. I reckon there's another five drafts to go, but that's not the same as the benchmark: seventeen times in longhand. I'm sure it'll be the best thing I've ever written and once I get into it, the rejections from other stuff won't bother me so much. It's the creative bit I enjoy. All the rest is just crap.

This morning I meditated for about an hour and a half before I got dresssed. Hit a weird zone after a vase breath. I thought that I recognised it. I'd been there before, but I'd kind of forgotten it. Being there again was like recognising a long lost and forgotten friend.

This is RaBlissBlog! I should keep this blog partly because it might help someone someday who wants to investigate ra bliss, vase breathing and the Six Dharmas of Naropa, but I'm afraid I do not have the necessary descriptive powers. But I do have a hut. And I'm away to sit!

8:50 p.m.
Let's do some real time blissblogging! What have we got and what do we get? Just sitting here and the sensation around my chin and chest is the sensation I usually get variations of when I meditate. Now sometimes I just have to sit. Wee breath, close eyes. A great globule of bliss arises from the front chest area and lifts the shoulders back , and lifts. So you're typing and no mantras, but there's something going on when I'm just sitting here.

Today I came here to write and closed my eyes for a moment before starting. Forty minutes disappeared just like that. Straight into ra bliss. I can't do real time blissblogging. Maybe a jot between things. Bugger it! It's nine o clock and go and sit on the floor till ten.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sounds like you have gotten a lot accomplished! ;)

3:18 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Is writing a meditation in a sense? I find blogging about fruit strangely calming.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.