Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ra Weekend End!

Sunday 10:35 p.m.
There a photie of me disguised as a matchstick head in Australia. You can actually see the effects of the heat on the top of the napper. I think I could use this photie when advertising the Pet Bereavement Counselling Service.

This is probably the first weekend I haven't had any beer since before August. Since leaving work on Wednesday, I've managed to do very little. I went to see Shiva on Thursday for a couple of hours. He doesn't work being a Hindu god. Socially, that was it. Perfect. I went on my shorter run, the one with the five hills, today, and felt good.

Everything on the meditation front has improved. I'm getting into the deity yoga a wee bit better, the emanating, and visualising. Little realisations of emptiness seem to be checking in. I had an interesting one concerning the emotions surrounding Julia Churchill asking for all of Light in the Dark, etc. Hopes, disappointments. If you look for your false sense of self, you can find it in there. It's part of the mix. Who's wanting what and what for? Usually, when you're doing the mahamudra stuff and looking for the object to be negated (the false sense of self!), it doesn't seem to be very evident. It seems to arise sometimes with the emotions. I'll need to think this out very carefully as I go along.

I don't think the Buddha could have been very emotional. I'm trying to figure out which emotions might not be afflictive. Contentment isn't an emotion, is it?

I'm now into re-writing the book. I'm beginning to really enjoy writing it. All I have to do otherwise is keep on doing what I'm doing. The beer was practically the only thing that was keeping my feet on the ground. After this week, I only have to go to work on Wednesday morning the next week, then Wednesday morning the next week. The flatheids can have me on Christmas Day and Hogmanay. If only .... I'm going to be amazed as I sit quietly doing nothing over this holiday. I'm going to try hard in 2006!

Numbers: 2006 adds up to 8. That's my birthday. I'll be 55 on February 8th. Five and five add up to ten. One added to nothing gives you 1. Does anyone know anything about numerology?

If you're head is completely flat, you could do worse than head for ra bliss! There's stuff about getting your head stuck into ra bliss here.

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I did a course in numerology, so if you want me to do your numbers some time over the holidays, email me your middle name(s) and date of birth. Maybe the results will give us a new angle on marketing your merchandise.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I don't have a middle name. My date of birth is 8th Feb., 1951. Hotboy

11:10 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Parsley! I reckon your dunderheid is just a straightforward daftie. Your flatheid, on the other hand, can be incredibly intelligent. Incredibly brilliant and intelligent people can, of course, be dafties when it comes to ra bliss. Too dumb to meditate. Stuck here in Learning Difficulty Central. Most flatheids have never even heard of ra bliss of course. What's your excuse? Hotboy
St Joseph of Cupertino was a daftie, but, boy, did he get ra bliss!! You don't have to be smart to get ra bliss. You have to be able to sit on your bum and focus your mind, that's all.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.