Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ra Thursday: Early Doors

Thursday 8:10 a.m.
I'm waiting for the dawn so I can get into the rowing boat and take off for the Unheard of Island, and the hut.

Julia Churchill didn't fancy Bomber. This was no disappointment. Bomber starts with the view from a guy who's been taking amphetamines for three days. Julia did not find the central character very attractive! This did not surprise me at all.

At the moment, there are four packages (without chapters) out with four kidbook publishers. Not a peep out of any of these for over a month. The Egors and the halfwit children of the aristocrasy manning the slush piles of these illustrious publishers must be scratching their heads. How do we reject something we haven't seen? When they do send the rejection slips back without having seen any of the books at all, this might make me laugh. Otherwise, Isobel Dixon is having a look at Light in the Dark sometime. I was just thinking of leaving things like that. I can't contact anyone else about Light in the Dark while Isobel Dixon is looking at it, and I don't think any of the other books on the webpage speak up for me right now. It's all so long ago.

Then I realised that I'm skint. The book I'm working on just now won't be ready for probably a year and Isobel Dixon will probably not want Light in the Dark. I've got to get to the Unheard of Island! I want to go to Rumtek! I need enough money to get to my hut to practise vajrayana juju full time. So in the New Year I'll start hustling publishers for a while. But what'll I hustle? It'll have to be Bomber, I think, or Ancient Futures. The only person who's read both of these is, I think, Beef McDuck. I'll maybe ask him which he thinks is the better one. Well, which one is it, Beef?

The thread of work that I think is more me these days is Are you Boys Cyclists, The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf, and the one I'm doing just now. These are written in the first person.

The sky has gone dark, dark blue. It's nearly half eight. I'm off to the hut!

3 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

Is it raining in Edinburgh as well? If the mvula keeps up here, the way it has been, there will be a decent crop of maize and less people will starve.

I will keep this in mind when I tuck into my turkey. In saying that, I am neither being crass or sarcastic. I'm aware that I can afford much more than many, hereabouts.

But I am really posting this to tempt you over to my blog to see if you know the answer to a literary question.

By the way, "BlogShares is a fantasy stock market for weblogs. Players get to invest a fictional $500, and blogs are valued by incoming links."

MM III

3:29 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I have read the first 3 pages of both books, and Bomber's a goer for my money. Well not literally money.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I did not know you have to go to the hut by boat. Wow, that paints another whole picture for me!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.