Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ra Recovery!

Thursday 3:50 p.m.
The horrible holidays (from meditation, sobriety, physical fitness and piece of mind) were made even more horrible this year when we heard of a terrible accident that happened to a friend of ours before Christmas. On Hogmanay a few hours before the bells, I was told she was touch and go. Now she's getting a bit better. Not out of the woods, but not dying. This is very good news all round.

The world does not seem to be fair. This is why we need the consolation of religion or philosophy. The person who is not dying just yet has been battling a degenerative disease for thirty years with great heroism. Before Christmas, she gets nearly scalded to death in a bath. She is a total flatheid. She does not and never will get ra bliss. I was thinking of her in regard to getting ra bliss lying flat on your back. I mean, you can't stay stuck in ra bliss forever (not yet anyway!), but you could get bits of it here and there, even maybe lying flat on your back. So sometimes it seems a little sad when folk don't meditate and sometimes one is bothered by things not being fair.

How do you get out of this?

You could embrace ignorance. We are ignorant. We do not know. We do not have the senses or the perceptive and discriminative abilities to understand the truth of things. We are always dealing with appearances and the way things appear to be, not how they are. That's usually just how we think they are. In effect, we cannot know who or what we are. Intellectually, you might realise that you are certaintly not what you think you are and it definitely isn't happening to you the way you think it is. This make a lot of sense to me. The problem then is other people's suffering and the fact that there's really bugger all you can do about it. Suffering, unfortunately, seems to have a rock solid reality to it.

Grief, sorrow, lamentations .... suffering in this life!

Some people try very hard, and they never seem to get it right But, Oh, oh, baby, I'm beginning to see the light! ... The Inimitable Lou Reed

I have a wonderful feeling of confidence and optimism about the coming year. What a year this might be for ra bliss! I feel as if the world is full of fantastic opportunity. I don't really expect anybody to give me any money for writing this year, but I started (really this time I have started!) to do the re-write of my bliss book yesterday and that made me happy. I have the computer in my room again, which makes a big difference. Trying hard is important to me. It's more important than getting it right. But I've seen the light. And I've been in ra bliss. Bring on the heat! Bring on the heat!
8:25 p.m.
It was just after doing the five hills that the guy hailed me from his big truck in George Street. Wanted to know the way to Dundee. I got into the cab to show him how to get to the Forth Road Bridge. The way goes by my flat. He says his best friend in Rhodesia was a Scottish guy. I asked what he was called. I wondered if it might be Menzies Milngavie. He said it was Hotboy. I think this must rate as a coincidence. Hotboys all over. Hardly bears thinking about!

4 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

Karibu Hotboy, as they say, in Swahili.

We are two hours ahead of you, here in Kalimbuku, I think, but I coudn't let 28 hours pass without seeing a comment at your wonderful RaBlissBlog.

Do not fret, old boy. You have 1376 Profile Views, to my miserly 100 or so. There is so little interest in Africa, I fear. Remember, the Masai warriors are too busy with their cattle, this time of season, to visit their local Internet cafe.

Mrs M. has been in charge of 'topping up' the MGT's tonight, and I fear she has not scrimped. I must put some of the proceeds from the royal visit aside for later.

So sorry to hear about the "Grief, sorrow, lamentations" old chap.

Chin up, though.

I say! You came upon an Old Rhodie!
Did he mention Pamwe Chete perchance?

MM III

10:45 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

If that's true about the other hotboy, I'd be pondering its significance if I were you. Maybe it's connected to the idea of "other people's suffering and the fact that there's really bugger all you can do about it".

Maybe what you can do is help them do something about it themselves. Have you considered visting the poor woman and just sitting with her? You could say you're meditating for her. Maybe you would indeed be doing that. Take it from me, most hospital visitors talk rubbish and get on the patient's nerves. But during my week in hospital, I had 2 separate vistors who meditated with me (but we probably called it "relaxation"), and they were the best visits I had, even though I had never tried it before.

I need hardly point out, this would also fit with your number chart.

I don't know who she is, but feel free to tell her I'm taking up meditation again, though maybe just for today, purely so I can meditate on her and send some UnHeard Island amateur juju her way. Seriously.

I'm happy to help.

PS you may be familiar with the white eagle people? I think one of the things they do is get people all over the place to meditate at the same time on a theme e.g. world problems.

11:02 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say RobMcJ,

"meditate at the same time on a theme e.g. world problems."

Sounds like the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Can vouch for that. Has helped keep me 'sane' in the tropics for 25 years or so.

Jai Guru Dev, etc.

MM III

12:01 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I agree with what you said..We are always dealing with appearances and the way things appear to be, not how they are.

I hope your friend will be ok, life is not fair. Sometimes, it almost seems to be more unfair to the good people.

Oh my goodness...there is more than 1 Scottish Hotboy!!!
haha
That is cool!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.