Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ra New Year View!

Wednesday 3:21 p.m.
When I used to see in the New Year at my maw's, I would stand outside and listen to the bells and think what the next year might hold, particularly as regards writing. So how does that and other stuff look now that I've finished my first full week (two and a half days!) back at work?

I'll probably finish the book I'm writing at the moment this year. When that's done, I'll have to have a long think about what to do with the rest of my life. Maybe I'll start another book (which is what I usually do!) , but who knows?

The chances of me getting anything accepted for publication is very slight. I don't expect to get an agent. Today I got a letter from Random House Children's Books. They've got a list of imprints. Jonathan Cape, Hutchinson, Bodley Head, Doubleday, David Fickling Books, Corgi and Red Fox. The letter said that they're "only accepting submissions from recognised literary agents." At last! A bit of honesty! Co-incidentally, I got an email from Isobel Dixon of Blake Friedmann who didn't want to see any more than the three chapters of Light in the Dark. But that's okay. Nice quick response. She says they're snowed under with work. I'll try her again when the current novel is finished.

At the moment, the only thing I can remember being out there is three chapters to Chicken House. (Doesn't that sound like a place of ill-repute?)

The webpage with the six novels, etc., gets a wee bit over a hit a day, but I've no idea whether anyone has downloaded anything. Today I tried to change the copy of Ancient Futures since Beef McDuck said there was a bit missing, but I haven't got the nerve to look and see if the page is still there!!!

I have to keep trying to hustle agents, etc., because I should try to get money for my daughter's education. Getting an agent, and/or getting books published will not make me happy. Meditation will make me happy.

Despite everything, I still do over thirty hours a week. I'm getting a lot of bliss and some heat. The heat seems to be developing a little differently from what I expected. You get light. Then you get ra bliss. The bliss might seem to be in large globule, in which you may kind of feel yourself sitting. Heat, or warmth, seems to be adding an element here sometimes. So you might find yourself in a globule with bliss and heat. It's a powderpuff.

I'll need to live within my income this year or get another full time job. Dearie me. What a prospect! I've got at best another year working part time the way things are going. What a fortunate creature! Any time you spend not at your job is good time. If I can get away with maybe two and a half years of part time work, I'll not complain. Who knows what ra bliss will be doing by the end of this year?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am glad you are getting some answers about the agents and your book. You can move forward easier by knowing.
You are the lucky one to only half to work parttime. I am just glad I don't have to work the parttime job (which at one point was 32 hr./week)I was working in addition to my primary 40 hr. job any longer.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Oh no! That's far too much work! Hotboy

8:33 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA - nobody should have to work even full time, never mind two jobs.

HB - what fortunate part-time people we are!

Eric, you'll be a fortunate man in -60 degrees. Just combine the ice with hot showers and you'll have instant bliss.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric! You downloaded the lot! You might seem to be a lot longer in Iqaluit than you actually are! Let me know if you manage to finish any of them. Have you ever thought of becoming a literary agent? Try pitching one to the Innuit! Hotboy

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nonizejelvege [url=https://launchpad.net/~codeine-poro]Buy Codeine no prescription[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-zithromax-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Zithromax without no prescription online[/url]

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.