Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rat Zen

I was checking about ra bliss and zen on the internet. Here's some quotes. This first one is from some famous paintings of a boy chasing a buffalo. Beside the last illustration, it says:
Barefoot and naked of breast,
I mingle with the people of the world.
My clothes are ragged and dust-laden,
And I am ever blissful.

Blissful is ra bliss surely!

Here's another one. "The final stage of zen practice is walking through the troubled world with "bliss bestowing hands."

Finally, there as a guy writing about the seven stages of zen meditation. "Many students confuse the blissfulness of the third and fourth stages they experience during meditation sessions with satori, which is a much more rare phenomenon."

One guy also said you might start a zen meditation session with concentration on the breath before you go into the mindfulness stuff.

Anyway, everyone will get bliss, it seems. Sometimes I get ra bliss and sometimes I don't. But I think telling folk they'll hit bliss at some point is better than telling them meditation is a good way to deal with stress (which it is!) or whatever.

I'm not looking for differences. I'm looking for fellow feeling and similarities. It looks as if you Zen people are going to get ra bliss as well! Which is wonderful because ra bliss is ra bliss is ra bliss!! It's very blissful.

The mahamudra meditation I was reading about seems very like this Zen stuff. You sit and negate your false sense of self, but then you're just supposed to sit and do the letting go bit.

Sitting and just letting stuff go might be a bit hard until you get the hang of it. But if you sit in ra bliss, well, obviously, that's got to be easier!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Very good...."Anyway, everyone will get bliss, it seems. Sometimes I get ra bliss and sometimes I don't. But I think telling folk they'll hit bliss at some point is better than telling them meditation is a good way to deal with stress (which it is!) or whatever."

11:33 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I used to go to a shiatsu masseuse with bliss-bestowing hands. Does that help?

5:45 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I've heard of someone who could zap heat into sore bits. Healing hands? That's got to help! Hotboy

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.