Friday, April 08, 2005

Ra Blootering Bliss

Just a wee break between having the heid stuck firmly in ra bliss and ra even greater blisses to follow later on!

After the Makhala prayers, I left the temple and went and sat on the wee bench on the island in front of the stupa. One of my favourite places when I'm here, but the rain k.o.s it sometimes. Well, a lot of the time here actually! Anyway, it's cold, but bright and I'm really well wrapped up. So I've got the eyes closed and I'm just sitting there with a huge grin on my face. It's really the same as the grin on the photie I have of the abbot. It used to be on the front of the Samye Ling page, but it's gone now.

Say you were poor and didn't have any telly and had to sit on the hillside watching your old man's goats, or some other joe's goats. If you had done your homework with the meditations, you could close your eyes and be right into ra bliss, with doubtless some warmth, and you wouldn't have to look out at the horrible weather anymore. What a gift! No wonder the Tibetans seemed to love their lamas!!

Last night in the temple about nine o clock, there was no one else there. The lights were low and only the big statue had some lights on it really. So it's dark red, and brown and goldeny in there. I lay on the floor for a bit to ease the legs or whatever, and ra bliss was still there. It's ra blootering bliss. It happens in the evening. Well, it's happened in the evening the last few times I've been here. It's hard to describe this to a flatheid who has a telly and no goats to look after, and who can sit in his centrally heated condo. But it's wonderful. It's ra blootering bliss. You're intoxicated with it, kind of. If you move and sit up, whoa! Even more bliss. What I really like is leaning forward and then straightening up. Huge globules, clouds of ra bliss ascend when you do that. I think it's something to do with your chakras, but, of course, they don't exist.

Nobody likes the pope getting wheeled out when he was on the way out. I didn't like watching it either, but I did like it. Especially after having the flu and wondering how to die feeling happy. Some fortunate ones will just drop dead with the heart attacks, but it's calvary for the rest. Nobody likes to think about that, do they?

Before I sign off as the time here is running out, Id just like to say hullo to all the robots, Martians, and Masai who read this blog. For we are fortunate creatures indeed. The great buddhas have come to Scotland! Om Ah Hung Vajra Guru Padme Siddhi Hung!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.