Monday, March 28, 2005

Rat Happy Death

The disease I contracted from Brian Wilson last Friday night seems to be finally about to leave me. I had a look at the novel I was working on before the disease and I could have three good chapters ready by the end of the week. I think I could accumulate a massive list of rejections for this novel before it is even written!

I managed to get rejections for a totally positive set of questionnaires I sent out to just about every publisher of kidsbooks in Britain. Lots of them rejected it. A lot of agents rejected it as well. It goes like this. You send the letter with the questionnaires asking them to read the book and they send you back a rejection.

Maybe sending publishers live animals would have a better chance of success. Send them a cat. Please publish my cat. How dare you reject me cat! Some people have just got a rejection reflex.

How can you be happy when you are dying? I was dying with the flu and I was quite unhappy sometimes. Maybe you can feel a wee bit depressed with a virus ... well, you can't blinking do anything. That's bound to be depressing! Sometimes you're a bit doomed when you're hung over. You could say being doomed was a part of the hang over. Maybe feeling doomed is part of the terminal disease. You can't expect to feel happy if feeling unhappy is part of the disease.

I want a terminal disease that doesn't make you feel doomed. Tall order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.