Monday, April 04, 2005

Rat Curtis Brown

Somebody called robmcj/andrew sent a comment to this blog on March 22 and I didn't see it. Anyway, if anyone has any trouble downloading stuff from the site,
just email me and I'll send you whatever you want to look at. The site is free and they don't let you download as much as you'd maybe like.

Angus Legless will maybe solve all these computery problems. But I'll have to wait till the Domestic Bliss sorts something out with him.

Anyway, I wrote an email today which I think I'll just keep on file and send out when necessary. It's a better explanation of what I'm trying to do, I think. I'd put it in here, but it's on my other .... computery problems!

I was wanting to send a package which would actually get to someone, but I kind of blew it today. I composed the email and sent it to this guy Euan Thorneycroft of Curtis Brown. All I really know about Curtis Brown is that they must be big. With the email I sent the first chapter of the new book as an attachment. I got an email back saying I should send the first three chapters into Curtis Brown. Well, I did. Well, you would. But I told the guy I'd wait a couple of weeks before I contacted anyone else. And I'll have to do that. That was stupid since the guy didn't say he was going to look at it. My assumption was that he'd looked at the first chapter and wanted to see more, but he probably just sent back the standard big elbow into the slush pile.

I've actually screwed this up. I can't email this joe and ask if he actually looked at the first chapter. Yes, I can. If it's going into a slush pile to be looked at sometime by .... well, if I was an assistant at Curtis Brown, I'd just throw everything in the bin. I'll email him tomorrow.

I stuck Euan Thorneycroft into Google and he showed up with a couple of sales. At least, it didn't say he owned half of Manhattan!

The wind is cold here and my lungs haven't quite cleared up from the flu. I'd like to camp down at the Samye Ling on Wednesday, but I don't want to catch pneumonia!

Samye Ling! Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.