Monday, April 23, 2007

Ra Baby!

Monday 7:12 p.m.
If you ever have the good fortune to be the primary carer for a baby, you will notice how fast they sometimes change. Often the baby you are dealing with one month will be quite a different kettle of fish from the one the month before. All you can do is keep pace with the baby and keep your eye on the ball. Otherwise, you'd miss the amazing developments taking place.

If you're having a problem or some worry with your baby, you might ask someone with a baby just a wee bit older, and they probably won't be able to tell you, or help because they've gone through that stage, and are now dealing with a completely different set of problems. It goes so fast, you forget.

Doing this juju reminded me of what looking after a baby was like. You think you know it, but tomorrow it's different again. An hour ago ra bliss jumped the gate, made off over the paddock and disappeared over the hill once again. Maybe writing this blog is a waste of time in terms of helping anyone with this juju. In over twenty years of raving about meditating to folk I know, I don't think I've really got a single one to meditate. Just goes to show what a truly fortunate, fortunate creature I am.

Now I'll spend an hour planning my new book!

11:01 p.m.
Though I might get old or be crabbit, depressed or sick, tonight I got such bliss, Jack. Such bliss! It looks as if you only have to do one thing right in this life. And if you're not doing it, just give yourself a good slap!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

Cabbage told me that if you appoint him as Executive Hotboy Hut Facilities Manager and Co-ordinator (not his own words), he would consider taking up meditation. I told him that he would have to pass the interview for the position, first.

He could be your first 'convert'.

MM III

9:16 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's IT skills I need for Hut Management. I don't need him to meditate. Can you teach him about the clicky stuff? Hotboy

11:12 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are right, babies change so rapidly, you do have to keep up the pace.
Glad you got your ra bliss hotboy!

11:25 PM  
Blogger rob said...

My colleagues in embryology tell me that a foetus goes through a stage when it has gills, but this is the first I've heard about the kettle of fish at one month. How fortunate I'm not inbred.

8:42 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Aren't you forgetting something? Your blog inspired a certain thinker and academic to meditate for his sick chiropractor.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I wish everybody could get it! Hotboy
Onan? Is that Bavaria calling? Five minutes is something, I suppose! Hotboy

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

According to http://www.business-opportunities.biz/projects/how-much-is-your-blog-worth/

Your blog, madyamika2000.blogspot.com/, is worth $5,645.40

MM III

11:39 AM  
Blogger rob said...

MM - I say! My old blog is now worth
$3,951.78, which is less than when I used to post there.

The new blog's worth $2,822.70, so that makes a total of .. well whatever it is, it's more than $5,645.

Is there a site that assesses your home brew?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin' and Onan? Just put the cheque in the post! Hotboy

2:08 PM  
Blogger ion said...

But how is one's blog capital to be realised? If that was explicated, I could start a new one everyday.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

All: What? Hotboy

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.