Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ra Angry Man!

Wednesday 17:02 p.m.
I was going to look up my old diary entries to sort out a time line about meditations, empowerments, etc., for this blog, but I would have had to flick through three diaries and I soon gave up. Up till last summer I still had the money to go to the Samye Ling a lot and the diaries are a lot about being there since socially nothing much has been going on around these parts for some time.

But timelines. Jan Ist, 2003. Took refuge with the lama. Had a strange empowerment to do deity yoga just the week before this in the temple at the Samye Ling. Sunday 6th April, 2003. Had my first and still one of the strongest, if not the strongest, inner heat experience. Since then I've taken a Dorje Sempa empowerment and a 1000 armed Chenrezig empowerment from Dr Akong Tulku Rinpoche. Finally, I took the Medicine Buddha empowerment on the 16th of March, 2007.

I stopped smoking tobacco (again!) at the New Year on 2002. This was very important because I first spoke to the lama about 1996 and he said I needed a guru then. I wasted the next six years because I couldn't give up tobacco (a habit I picked up again in Nepal!). There is something evil about tobacco. When you stop doing it, your meditations just go ballistic!

The entry in my diary on the day I took refuge on January 1st, 2003 starts like this: "My meditation this morning after breakfast did not have anyone getting killed, or punched in the face, or anything violent or angry at all. So every day it improves." I hope I can make some money so my daughter never needs to work in a salaried jobbie!

8 Comments:

Blogger Just a toy said...

i hope your daughter never has to work period.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo! Such sense! Hotboy

12:17 AM  
Blogger rob said...

The thing with tobacco is that when you're on it, you can't see how stupid you look and how stupid you are to be doing that to yourself. A bit like flared trousers, and in fact most fashions.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan? Is it you? The future to be famous woman from St Lucia is coming back to Edinburgh this summer. If I see her, what shall I say? Do you want another shot? Hotboy

1:40 AM  
Blogger rob said...

If she's in a creekit team, MM can have first refusal. What's she famous for? An approximate cash value would help.

Better still, get her to a PC (preferably not in your room, no offence) and we'll work out an arrangement online. The usual introduction fee would apply, say 10% of the estate, a decent time after burial?

3:10 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Tell her I still remember the dinner she cooked me, and The Land Of Grey And Pink. That has to impress.

3:11 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Show her my HNT shots, so she knows what she's getting up front.

3:14 AM  
Blogger rob said...

This is such good news. Maybe she's a doctor who can fix heads. Do I have to wear the Jimmy Wishart wig?

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.