Monday, November 20, 2006

Ra Mystical Anaesthetics!

Monday 6:10 p.m.
I went to see a modern beat combo with my chum Poisonous on Saturday. Fortunately, if you can sit anywhere these days and they put down the lights, you can do ra bliss. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! In the pub afterwards, I was trying to tell Poisonous about William James's writings about anaesthetics and mystical experiences.

Chloroform was mentioned. Just up the road from here, James Young Simpson and his pals used to try out such things as chloroform after dinner and a few drinkies. So they're falling about and lying under the dinner tables, etc. Not really much change there except that in those days nobody would dream of arresting you for such shenanigans. So I mentioned this to Poisonous and also the nitrous oxide and ether, which James also mentions. Poisonous assured me that sniffing shoe conditioner was unmatchable. Dearie me.

I wimped out of going to work on the bike this morning. Rain was lashing on the windowpanes. On the way home, it was the same.

The same what?

10:20 p.m.
I got the standing up bliss today. In a tadasana, the mountain pose, the first hatha yoga position really. Then just close your eyes and oft with ra bliss! Ra bliss always works better with your eyes closed. I wish that wasn't so.

I could have a very amusing time if everyone else just died. I mean, everybody. Well, all the flatheids in Edinburgh plus an inpenetrable force field to keep everyone else away. Be great. Eventually, you'd have to fight the rats, but the first couple of years would be great. You'd still have the telly of course.

Invisible particles, eh? There isn't a magnifying glass big enough to let you see the invisible particle!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

When I left Scotland I had to get rid of my gallon bottle of ether. I should have thought of you, instead of binning it. Such a waste.

11:04 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I believe ebay has a separate area for trading anaesthetics.

Have you considered a post-apocalyptic novel with the rats and everything? That could be a seller, so long as there's readers still alive to buy it.

2:32 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The previous comment was a forgery.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.