Monday, November 06, 2006

Ra Weekend's Gone!

Monday 5 p.m.
What a great weekend I had! I think the highlight might have been lying in the bath yesterday evening after being out on the nazi bike and doing some yogic jumpings in the kitchen. Soaking in the bath is one of my favourite things, particularly after I've knackered myself training.

As regular readers of this blog (hello, Jack!) will know, I meditate a lot. Since leaving work at noon on Wednesday, I'd done about 20 hours before getting into the bath last night.

Previously, there has been ra bliss while sitting up, lying on the back, and lying on the side. Well, last night was the turn of ra bliss while lying in the bath. After being in there for about half an hour, I really didn't want to get out. The sensation of the water supporting your back like it was a polythene film and being aware of not much more physicality than that was brilliant. It was like ra bliss which blows out your arms and legs, blows them out of the picture of sensation, while lying in the bath. This is an awful lot of ra bliss!

The kiddo and I went to a first night at the Traverse on Saturday, and that was most enjoyable as well! There were three shorter plays on in the one night. The same three actors in each play and almost no sets. Really, they were just using a couple of large boxes. I love stuff like that. You just have the acting, which is always good at the Traverse, and the writing, and it gives newer writers a chance to get something produced while not exposing them too much. It's brilliant that we've got the Traverse in Edinburgh. Interesting as well that in the theatre you can respond emotionally to something you know isn't true.

A lot has changed in my mind since I got a literary agent for my new book. Fancy getting a literary agent! I know all this bloggy and webpage palaver came about to get an agent, but I wasn't really expecting it to happen, not for my new anyway.

There's something I can factor out now. The writing business. I don't have to send letters, parcels, emails ... to agents or publishers anymore. There's not much I can do to help. The writing business is out of my hands. I shouldn't really start writing another book just yet either. I'll wait and see what Adrian Weston can sell and go with that maybe.

It's almost like being normal. I've got my half time job and then oodles of free time. If nothing happens in the publishing front, I'll just set about writing something else. If something does happen .... well, I just want to sit in my hut. Or sit somewhere. Just sit and sit and sit and sit. Being able to sit out the next couple of years ... Oh, what a fortunate creature I'd be then!

Tuesday 1:00 p.m.
There's a puff for the new book here. Really weird to see something like that! Maybe something will happen after all!

9 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy - enjoyed the trav stuff. I had already read the Glasgow Herald review. I agree, plays vary in inverse proportion to the amount of scenery. Everything balances up.

How would bliss help me? I understand how the distraction could be useful, but I get that while reading books (perhaps even yours). Is there any proven physical benefit from sitting around gasping and eye-rolling?

PS - The way things are going, we'll all be fortunate just to sit out the next couple of years.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! How would bliss help you? What a strange question! Don't worry about it, Adolf. You're not going to get it anyway. No help at all. Hotboy

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Something must be wrong with my browser at home, I have had a terrible time trying to connect to your blog and several others.

Come see me today, click on the link for a message from me....a short video!

Have a wonderful day!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Threadgills is a great resturant. They have the best burgers : )

6:35 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

My Utopia: I really liked Janis Joplin who seems to have started performing there.
Noelle: Hi and thanks! Always nice to hear from another writer. Hope you get rich soon! Hotboy

2:49 PM  
Blogger ion said...

How does it feel to be referred to in the third person at Adrian Weston's link? I get a kick out of it, anyway.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: Nothing to do with me, man, as I used to say. That helps. Hotboy

1:34 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I seem to have missed something. How did we get onto Threadgills, whateer that is?

10:56 PM  
Blogger Adrian Weston said...

it's always great to be referred to in the third person, unless you are doing it yourself, um myself, err himself...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.