Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ra Dooms!

Wednesday 10:30 p.m.
William James in the Varieties of Religious Experience was going on about sick minds over these two lectures. Joes who had lost the zest for life and fell into the despair. Quoted Tolstoy and John Bunyan. Dearie me! What chance have you got when stricken by the melancholia? Kind of pissed me off, I must say.

I sent five chapters of the sensei and reverend's book to Euan Thorneycroft today, so I hope the book sticks this time. I also sent my new book to Bill Campbell of Mainstream Publishing. They don't publish fiction, but Bill did publish City Whitelight twenty years ago. I sent it to him because I was feeling brilliant today after getting up at five and meditating from then on. Exuberance. Then you just go with it. Even although it's really pointless. But I told him to bin it if he couldn't do anything it and maybe the bin man will take it out and read it, and get into ra bliss.

Ra bliss continues to develope. It just does. In the vajrayana you don't stay still. It's so dynamic. I know I've been blessed by people who can give you a real blessing!

I ate the last of the raspberries at the allotment this evening. The light was very clean and clear, and sharp. I did some digging. The earth is wet. There's a nip in the air, but the sun was still warm and the trees still have leaves. But you know, you just know that the winter is coming. Let's embrace what made us dour, hard edged Scottish basturns! How could we have come through hundreds of years of living in Scottish winters, living in turf covered dug outs? Living off oats mixed with salt, sometimes, and water. Anyway, we have central heating now and live in the lap of luxury, so well done all you ancestors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.