Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ra Pre-Samye Day!

Thursday 10:45 a.m.
Rolled over last night at some unspecified time and go up to start meditating again at nine. Straight into where it's deeper, stiller, and more profound. No beer and the brakes are off, Jack. I know it's only the beer which is retaining the last vestiges of normality. Clinging on by my beer sodden fingertips. I'm trying to keep hold of my bottle here, Jack. I'm off to the allotment. I'm taking food. I may be some time. I wonder if it will be this summer when we set the controls for the heart of the sun?

They're already set, Jack. Aren't they? I think I've just go to let go.

8:50 p.m.
Hard working, good day today. I sat in the hut until I heard the one o clock gun. ( They fire a cannon on the battlements of the castle every day at that time for those of you not fortunate to live in the beautiful, wonderful city!). Then I had cheese, bread and juice before going out to do some weeding. Our allotment grows more weeds than anyone else. I don't know why.

I wondered if I should go home then, but sat down in the hut again. Must have been nearly two. Great, profound, deep bliss then, better than anything in the forenoon. I never expect that although I've many great experiences then.

Whatever I think is always wrong. You should never believe in anything you think. You should just sit and try not to expect anything. For instance, I'm feeling a little down just now (though it's half time and Australia are going to beat Croatia!). Before the footie I did twenty minutes of Iyengar jumps and skipped for five minutes. I think I'm a wee bit knackered! So I feel like a ... something to change the ambience a little. But I want to watch the end of the footie. I could sit and get blissed or go out and get pissed. Mnnn?

11:01 p.m.
I went out, but went to the hut. Good boy! Just back and it's still not quite dark outside just now, but I gazed on the wee sticker of the chenrezig mandala stuck to the doorpost until it was too dark really to keep making it out.

Tomorrow I will get driven down to the Samye Ling. The person who's driving doesn't meditate, so when I get there I won't be able to either. That's the trouble going anywhere with normals. You've got to be normal as well. Normals walk around the Samye like tourists. They can't just sit. They've got to be doing something. But it is my spiritual home. And I will at least be able to touch base with all the great places down there where I've sat quietly doing nothing: the river bank, the island in the river, the bench on the wee island in front of the stupa, the temple. I don't expect that we'll be able to get into the temple what with all the gong bashing and all the juju masters gathered there. But I'll be at the Samye tomorrow and tomorrow night I can stay in the hut ... well, if I haven't done much during the day, I'll have to catch up!

Half watching the Aussies go through on the highlights show. Brilliant! Shame the USA didn't make it!

I think samsaramom might be in the trenches a wee bit just now. You should go over there and say hullo. If it wouldn't help, it wouldn't hinder!

The sensei and reverend got a wee bit passionate after he read about Lee Ann sewing the pelt of a rat onto her jeans before she went to school one day. It takes all kinds. He says he's only a two hour drive away. Be afraid. Be very afraid!

This is RaBlissBlog! What a great day for ra bliss! What a great, great day for ra bliss!


6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Send forth the rabliss! I am running a little low...looks like you'll be working with some excess...

Didnt you say you were going to start an internet business doing rabliss for people virutally? Need a silent partner (har har) I am in need of employment

1:03 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Heather: Unfortunately, I'd rather get my expenses down to beer, bus fare and food than actually do anything about anything. Just too blissed to be buggered! But it's a good idea. If I dressed up like the caterpillar guy in Alice in Wonderland, it would pull in the potheads and the kids! That's it! I could start selling franchises for tenpercent off the top.Caterpillar folk in all time zones.If you get your sitting times up, you can have the Canadian franchise. Hotboy p.s. Did the two opportunities not work out? If I had a man who could invade places and three kids, I'd enjoy the break! I'm sure you'll get a job soon enough.

5:56 PM  
Blogger keda said...

hell yeah. how wierd you should say that! we saw that movie by accident on the telly the other day and the lets are hooked. they keep pretending to be the caterpillar guy now for some strange reason. very funny.

sitting in a hut surrounded by weeds does sound rather relaxing... no wonder you have ra bliss babe :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

WB - Would the dead bodies be boosting the weeds? This explains why I haven't heard from the old dear for a while.

PS Just successfully sampled the first bottle of stout lite.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, The rats were bred for science. We had to dissect rats for Biology class. The teacher gave us extra credit points added to our grade if we wore the rat pelt as a patch on our clothing. So I did it for the one day. I did not skin the rat to wear a patch. The rat was already skinned prior to dissecection.
I hope people were not upset by this. The teacher also gave extra points if we could dissect the brain and spinal cord and keep them intact (not severing them). That was not as easy as it sounds.
I am not crazy about any of that dissecting stuff, but it enabled us to learn.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.