Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ra Pre-Holiday Holiday!

Wednesday 2. p.m.
Sometimes sunny here and sometimes raining.

Since this blog was set up to monitor my harassment of the agenting classes, here's some stuff about agents. Today I sent an email to Isobel Dixon about the sensei and reverend's new book. By the way, there's another funny animation of me with the sensei by Jeff Patton on his blog. Trying to hustle up an agent for the sensei will be interesting because I know his book is good. It's much easier to tell with other people's stuff than it is with your own.

I started hustling for an agent, really for the book that I'll be finishing hopefully quite soon, about sixteen months ago. I sent out approximately 350 emails to agents about this book and got nowhere as usual. Well, that tells me something. It tells me I'm not going to get an agent for this book. Not by sending emails to agents and then getting sometimes asked to send in three chapters. Nobody is reading these chapters, I suspect, apart from the Egors and the half wit children of the aristocrasy who sift through the slush piles. That's the big agencies, the ones who count. Anyway, you just get a standard letter back.

One or two agents did make an effort, but just didn't fancy it, I suppose.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Someone who sent me quite nice emails last year was Pat Kavanagh of the PFD agency, so I've decided to try to get her to read my book when it's finished, hopefully this Autumn. I'm going to try to sell myself to her as a writing joe on the basis of being able to do ra bliss! On the basis that someone like her should do something to help. If the book gets published it probably won't make much money anyway (£1500 and £1000 is what I made from the previous novels I had published!), but I don't think she's motivated entirely by money. I'm sure she's got pots of money already. I'm going to send her emails about the Six Yogas, and doing ra bliss and heat. No one that I'm aware of with my background in the juju has ever written a novel like this.

I don't expect I'll get Pat Kavanagh to read this book, but you have to make an effort!

Speaking of ra bliss, I was standing at the bus stop in Princes Street this morning waiting for the Number 12. It was cold and blustery with some rain in the air. The bus shelter has a transparent wall. I stood there and started doing a tadasana, I think that's the name. It the first standing pose in hatha yoga, the mountain. You kind of manipulate your legs and back, etc. Here comes ra bliss! Felt it coming up my body after I'd held my breath for a wee bit. Another development in ra bliss. Shame about the normals standing around girning into the wind, but that's not my fault.

These are truly wonderful times for me! Here comes ra bliss! Here comes ra bliss!


Thursday 00:29 a.m.
That rare breed, a sober midnight post. Can you tell, Jack?

It's the shortest night of the year. I was fantasising about spending it in the hut, but the weather today deteriorated. I was going to go to Bellshill tomorrow, but I've been let off by the decorators painting the joint. On Friday the josephine who lives here wants to drive down to the Samye Ling to nose about during this big juju thing they're doing. Drupchen. I know nothing about this except that it's a big deal with juju masters coming over from the subcontinent. I think they might be chanting and gong bashing for seven or ten straight days. Maybe in shifts. I don't know.

The lama said: "When I was in Tibet, we were taught that sleep is useless."

After the footie finished tonight, I watched nearly two episodes of Desperate Housewives with the noise blockers on and the eyeballs rolled up. For only about the third time in months, I was confident enough in my knee to sit in quite a good lotus. Then I lay flat out on the carpet in the corpse pose. Bliss straight away lying down. What a fortunate creature I am!

I'm going to sit up doing juju tonight for as long as I can. Something wonderful might happen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Did you really skin a cat Hotboy?????
;)

6:25 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

Speaking of RaBliss, indeed. The good people in my current (so far secret) location in the USA seem extremely contented, happy and friendly. Perchance you are not alone, and they too have the secret of RaBliss.

MM III

6:38 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Some cats got it and some cats aint. If you let them keep there skins, sometimes they get you spliflicated!
Mingin: Only a very normal person would mistake ra bliss for mere bonhomie. Ask if they can roll their eyeballs up whilst looking glaikit instantaneously. All blissheids can do that!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I had to skin a rat in Biology once. If we wore the dry pelt on our jeans as a patch the next day, we earned 25 extra points!
So I did...I sewed it on my jeans and wore it to school.
:)

5:04 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I got an email from the sensei which he sent after reading your comment about the rat. He says he's fallen in love with you and tried to leave a comment on your blog. (no account) It takes all kinds. Stay armed and vigilant. Nosferatu is on the same continent as you! Hotboy
p.s. A dead rat! Ah, what company that would be! (Samuel Beckett. Might be on my wall somewhere)

10:44 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Wolf boy - Is there anything that's not on your wall? Disregard (assuming you ever did regard) my advice a while back about knee care. I followed it myself and knackered my knee. But here's some help - Tai Chi can do the knees in. I have to modify the short form to avoid accidents. Imagine! Decrepit enough to have a Tai Chi injury. As the guru says, dearie dearie me.

Tadasana is simple until you try it and realise how weirdly you normally stand.

Lee Ann - I had to perform an abortion on a hen's egg. Oh the guilt!

Sensei - apologies for abuse of the novel in my HNT. Are there really people without Blogger IDs? PS Good luck, but remember what what happened to me and Michi.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.