Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rat Tsongkhapa!

Saturday 12:44 p.m.
From the Book of Three Inspirations: "Here one must take care, for if these methods are applied too vigourously the drop may be incorrectly diffused into the bodily parts, causing any of a variety of illnesses." Thank God I don't really know how to do these meditations or I could hurt myself!

Lama Thebten Yeshe says in his book that success in raising inner heat is dependant on "penetrating" the navel symbol, I think. Tsongkhapa says when talking about meditating on the mantric symbols .... " it is not clearly taught that one should meditate only from within the centre of the central channel." The central channel is the blue line that runs down where your spine would be. You have to meditate on the symbol at the navel from within that? Hmm?

A little later, he says: " (it) should not be as though we are in one place and looking at the visualised image in another, but rather as though the mind apprehending the image had actually entered into and become utterly blended with it. "

The trouble with doing this juju from books is that you can't quiz the author. Of course, if you were doing a proper retreat, you could ask your guru.

I think I understand what he's going on about though.

I'm loath to abandon the routine I've set up to meditate through, but I think it'll have to be adjusted. For the record here's what I do just now. This is before I do anything else.
1) Take refuge. Visualise the gurus one at a time in front of you and then at the top of your head. Go into a white line and take it down through the body. Please give me your wisdom mind. Or please purify me.
2) Do the same with Jesus Christ.
3) Visualise all the dead you know and dedicate merit to them. None of them got any bliss. Remember that. May all sentient beings be happy.
4) Go through the phases of death (mirage, clouds, etc.) and arrive at the Dharmakaya. Put in the channels and symbols (I'd be giving a vase breath for every symbol). Then emanate as a deity on the mandala and offer everything to Dorje Sempa whom you visualise above the edge of the mandala. Imagine the deity above your head, then going into a white line and bring that down into you . That should be it.
5) Then I'd go the navel chakra and probably get a bit mixed as to what to do next!

I'm not very good at this and there is a bit of variety. I don't think that's really what you're supposed to do. I think I'll have to get to the visualisation of the deity and the navel chakra a bit sooner. What I'm doing is too busy. The mandala, deity and navel chakra .... just cut to the chase maybe!

It drizzly, overcast and miserable today! I've got to get some messages and I'll try to get a new brake for my bike.

It's coming to it when you're reduced to conversations with spam robots, but I probably won't see anyone until the Domestic Bliss comes home tommorrow evening. But I put in the hard graft yesterday, and the meditations in the lobby this morning were sometimes wonderful.

7:19 p.m.
I've just finished doing some work on my novel. I'm really quite pleased. You always think there's miles to go, but you always go faster than you think once you've got a good way through it. Then you can write it and not think about it. I think it'll be finished his year anyway. That's great!

I've been enjoying looking at the stats for my webpage now that I've got a stats counter on it. It gets about fifty hits a month. Most of them are from abroad: Slovenia (where's that?), Estonia and India have hit it recently. Don't know if anyone is downloading stuff or not. Anyway, I'm glad they're free to poor people. I only put the page up there for agents really.

What a nice evening I'm going to have, Jack, my little spam robot pal! I'll meditate and fall straight into ra bliss. This is certain. Then I'll don the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle and train, then soak in the bath. That's always wonderful when you're knackered. Oh, what a fortunate, fortunate creature I am!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Hotboy!
Even on a gloomy day you find sunshine!
~ hugs

1:44 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I assumed you left bloggyland at the weekend. Nice to log on and find a comment! Hotboy

5:03 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

There was no mention of beer. I'm having the weekend off (beer and blogging) and there's Lee Ann blogging on a weekend. I hope that's a good sign, Lee Ann.

Seriously, the bliss routine sounds more methodical than I expected.

Excuse my brevity, but I must away now to my own blog, to handle any comments before I go to work tomorrow. Last week I was embarrassed when the moral guardian software at work marked my card for browsing to my own ukulele picture.

7:04 AM  
Blogger keda said...

hmmm an interesting meditation technique.

my own bubble bath awaits funnily enough so i'll just say, i used to have a friend my childhood who at the age of about 23 became a buddist and moved to some unheard of isles off of scotland to be a monk. he then married a tibettan woman who my mum bumped into in tesco's in cornwall with his own mum.

i am now very interested. i'll be adding to your stat figures if you don't mind!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Keda: Hi! Did the guy you knew go to the Holy Isle off Arran? He sounds like a very, very fortunate creature to me! Apart from Lee Ann, the people who come to this blog tend to be sexual perverts. Hope you don't mind! Hotboy

11:00 AM  
Blogger keda said...

probably. and who says i'm not?!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.