Monday, May 08, 2006

Ra Tulku

Monday
Last night we went to hear a talk by Ringu Tulku up in Castle Terrace. Great talk! These guys ooze calm. Sit crosslegged and speak without notes. Made me laugh a couple of times. Afterwards I bought a couple of his pamphlets so I could get him to sign them. He shook hands. I wouldn't have initiated that. A wee namaste maybe. I haven't a clue where this guy's head might be!

I think he said: Hotboy, don't get wired up about the flatheids. Accept people for what they are and don't expect them to change too much. If you want them to change and they don't (and they won't!), you just get the grief, sorrow, lamentations .... at least, you'd get frustrated.

Most appropriate! The flatheids are cool!

I'm going back tonight.

I got a hard copy of the new book by the sensei and reverend, but I won't get a look at it till Wednesday at the earliest. But it's a fat one! Stuck me when I was collecting it that it'll probably be the first book I've read by him that wasn't written on a typewriter. I wonder if I'll notice any difference in his writing style.

I've decided to keep Adolf's mum tied up in my hut for a while. The homeopathic cannibal soup didn't sell too well. Maybe I should have posted the recipe. Anyway, I've asked for a ten grand ransome. I think that's fair.

Here's the soup I live on with my homemade bread. To produce homeopathic cannibal soup just dip your toe in the water when you fill the pot up.

500g of red lentils.

Cumin, coriander, tumeric, pepper, salt, garlic, plus a big squelch of tomato sauce or pasta sauce.

Tatties, onions, broccoli, and any other vegetables you have lying around.

The only reason I'm not starving to death is because of the beer!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I'll give it a try, but I'll be substituting extra garlic for the tomato thing. No offence, but tomato sauces are the lazy person's substitute for taste. Try leaving it out and taste the delicious vegies instead. Do you use seaweed? That would help keep the old dear's thyroid working in the hut. I'll pass the note to Arthur Ransome, he wrote Swallows and Amazons without a spell-checker. Does that help?

2:24 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I was about to say the soup sounds a bit like chili. I imagine it is good.
YAY for beer!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! I thought I could spel befor I started blogging! Arthur Ransome bought Trotsky the books to help him set up the Red Army. Lived with his secretary. Saw an amazing programme about him. What a guy! Hotboy

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.