Friday, May 05, 2006

Rat Omniscience!

Friday 6:50 p.m.
Back to the chair from the previous posts. Jesus Christ is supposed to be God, if you're a Christian. Say Jesus Christ opens his eyes and there's the chair. What does he see? Being a joe, he must have the same sensory equipment as us, but being God he has to know everything about the chair. He has full knowledge of the chair. Does he see the chair in the process of change and flow? Does he know everything about all the things that made up the chair, like the trees it came from, etc., and know everything about them in the past, present and future.


Jesus Christ, I think, is supposed to know everything about the chair in the past, present and future, and everything about every aspect of the chair in the same way. This is down to molecules, atoms, strings, and whatever.


Is that the way omniscience is supposed to work?


The Buddha Sakymuni was a man, but he was supposed to be omniscient as well.


Fancy knowing everything about everything.


Of course, how can you tell what omniscience represents if you are not omniscient? But there may be different ways of knowing. You can ask some savants for the cube root of 3433436456411342346744 and some of them will tell you right off. But they don't seem to do any calculations. They don't work it out. The answer appears in their mind's eye. They just read out the numbers.


I did a good job yesterday by meditating most of the time. Ra bliss is bursting through today. I even got some in Bellshill today during pauses in the conversation with my maw.


My maw is 87. She's just getting over the shingles. I was sitting beside her bed before I left and she fell asleep listening to the seventh tape of the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, which I got her years ago. It's the part which details the process of dying. Before she dosed off, she said it was heaven to lie there listening to the tape with just the usual old age pain.


On Tuesday I was at my tai chi class and spoke to someone I didn't know. Very nice person. Turns out she's a bit paralysed down one side due to a brain tumour. I avoided speaking to the guy who's undergone the triple by-pass. A friend of ours is at the stage in multiple sclerosis when she won't ever walk again. And the First Noble Truth is the true of suffering. If you are young, you might not see this. Just wait. While you're waiting, you should meditate. Otherwise, you will never get ra bliss!

I've just finished reading the first four chapters of my new novel. I think it's different. I enjoyed reading it to my surprise and I think it will be good when it's finished. If it's good, it won't matter if it doesn't get published. I'm sure some of the best books ever written were never published.

Saturday 10:30 a.m.
What a great day this is bound to be!

6 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - Elle McPherson once said in an interview that she never reads any books she hasn't written herself.

I think I speak for everyone when I say I appreciate the effort you're making to cut out a lot of the bliss advice, but do you have to replace it with Jesus stuff?

I read that you can open a box of matches and drop the matches on the ground, and an autistic savant can tell you in an instant how many matches are on the ground. They reckon the way it works is that we normals (?) have filters that prevent us from doing the same thing, so that we can focus on the big picture. And I'm not talking about the bliss.

Is it Yang style Tai Chi? I might perhaps know the teacher.

The Tibetan tape that hypnotises people to death, could you pass it on to my old dear? It could help with the 10%.

6:17 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I was at a flatheid wedding all afternoon yesterday, where I was forced to drink some full-strength beer. Terrible stuff. Do you find it makes you behave obnoxiously, or is it just me?

6:20 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Lee Ann has great feet, but so do I. Do your own feet cut the mustard?

There's to be a foot competition, with Lee Ann as judge. You and I send foot photos to an independent authority, to be labelled A and B. Lee Ann rates them without knowing whose foot is whose. Are you in? Make it interesting. Say, for the 10%?

7:22 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil!
1)I do not own a camera so I cannot take photies.
2) Yang style is a form of Tai Chi, I think maybe the dominant one. I do a set from the British Tai Chi Assoc., I think, and you don't hit anyone. It's a kind of weird slow dance.
3) The thing about the autistic savant thing is that ... does anyone really know? Or what's the point in asking a flatheid about consciousness?
4) I always behave very well when drunk (apart from the time I threw the bottle at the telly!). Maybe not everyone would agree with this. I've given up for a bit and expect to float away any minute.
5) I found your mother and told her my name was Horst. We are now engaged to be married and will be making the trip to the artificial insemination clinic for geriatrics in Italy. I think we'll call the kid Daemon. Are you into selling the film rights or not?
6)This is RaBlissBlog. In future, all posts will be about ra bliss! Hotboy

10:43 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

1) How convenient! I'd hate to win by default.
3) Good point.
5) I can't attend another wedding for a while, but you both have my blessing. I'll be happy with 10% of the film rights.
6) That's not going to help.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Beesucker! Brilliant and very helpful comment! I'm into speculation as I don't know anything about anything. Anyway, I found the comment (plus one other) in my email and replied to it there .... lost it.
Who is everyone? Are you a pal of Jack the Spam Robot? Hotboy p.s. I'll try to locate the other comment now!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.