Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ra Tuesday!

6:30 p.m.
Stephanie Thwaites from Curtis Brown agreed to have a look at the start of Ancient Futures today, so that's okay! I sent out about four emails and got one reply. The trouble with hustling stuff is that I lose interest in books once they're written. By the time you've had a couple of rejections, you're onto something else, and probably aren't too skint or reduced to selling body parts to cannibals, like I am just now. So why bother putting up with the rejections? It took me three years to write Ancient Futures, but I only sent it out to about four publishers when it was finished.

I'm going to the allotment just now. Bright, but a little chilly when it blows. Hope the wrens make an appearance this year.

The after-effects of vase breathing continue to develope rather quickly. I'm really keen to clean up my act since, whenever I get out of my face on anything other than air, sometimes a little worry creeps in. The boy in Surface turning into the big lizard has my every sympathy.

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Fraughtboy, I know what you mean about the worry creeping in at the edges. Fortunately I did a lifetime's worrying when I was young, which has left me now physically incapable of worrying about anything. My worry glands must be completely shot.

Except, as you hint, during a hangover, but that's just a normal biological reaction.

That's why I hate drinking real beer. I love the taste, but I hate the alcohol. Tomorrow I'll be forced to open a bottle of Beez Neez Honey Wheat Beer. I got it as a present, so I have to drink it.

I'd say commiserations are in order.

6:14 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

An HNT buddhist (buffist?) blogger has seen your the Dahli (sic) Lama last week, here:

http://moosekahl.blogspot.com/2006/04/wowi-work-in-really-cool-place.html

If she can do it, when are you going to get your kit off for the bliss?

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.