Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rem Rejections!

Tuesday
Got an email this morning from Robert Dudley of the Elizabethan era. It said:
John - I think your book may well be a commercial proposition, but I'm afraid it isn't really my sort of thing and I do think it is important to be enthusiastic about what I am selling. I'm sorry. I would have thought though that it would not be difficult to find an agent to take it on. - Robert

That kind of means that I've got to try to sell Ancient Futures now. What a nuisance! I would have been better just not bothering and getting on with investigating ra bliss.

It's very hard to find time to write my book at the moment. In a similar situation when I was forty - I had a job share then - I wrote Ancient Futures start to finish in three years. That included time when I had to re-write 50,000 words due to discs no longer functioning. In fact, I had less time then since the kid was wee. These days I'm writing at ... well, 20,000 words in two years! It would be a great situation to write in just now if I didn't have to do the allotment and spend at least four hours a day investigating ra bliss. But it can be done! Oh yes, I'll start again today!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Are you still at the bliss monastery? The agents are trying to sabotage the bliss. Forget them. That should help.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.