Friday, March 17, 2006

Ra Tim Saint!

Friday 10:35 a.m.
I had a long lie today, which is most unusual. Haven't meditated yet, but that's how I'm going to spend the rest of the morning and afternoon. Clear, clean spring day here in Edinburgh. So happy not to have to go to work and be able to sit and investigate ra bliss. I'll intersperse sitting with reading the Interior Castle. I'm really getting into training for tomorrow when the Domestic Bliss will be out of town all day and all night. I probably won't have time to write my book, but you can't have everything. I'm so fortunate!! From the first breath, I know I'm going to get blown away. Here comes ra bliss! Here comes ra bliss!

2:05 p.m.
Loved reading this bit of Interior Castle. This nun should have had a blog! "As I write this, the noises in my head are so loud that I am beginning to wonder what is going on in it... My head sounds just as if it were full of brimming rivers, and then as if all the waters in those rivers came suddenly rushing downwards; and a host of little birds seem to be whistling, not in the ears, but in the upper part of the head, where the higher part of the soul is said to be; ... for the spirit seems to move upwards with great velocity."

This corresponds very well with descripitions of kundalini arousals. She also says some of her nuns had "even exterior movements which cannot be controlled." St Teresa of Avila was a yogini. Her juju was all about Jesus Christ and faith and prayer and penance and fear of hell's fire. Method seems similar. She goes on about meditation and absorption. She talks about the Lord's favours, like sweetness. I think I might have translated that as ra bliss.

I'm gaining in respect for this woman all the time. She's got all the disadvantages of being in 16th century Spain, (such as, no Nagarjuna to explain emptiness to her), but what a trier! No complaisant, sweetie eating flatheid, this woman!!

Let's do a headstand then back to ra bliss!!
3:40 p.m.

St Teresa: " ...the soul seems to have withdrawn so far from the body that I do not know if it has still life enough to be able to breathe. I have just been thinking about this and I believe it has not; or at least, if it still breathes, it does so without realising it." There's not a whisker between this woman and Patanjali. "... if any consciousness remains to it, neither hands nor feet can move; as they commonly say of a person who has fallen into a swoon, it might be taken for dead. Oh, the secrets of God!" Breathlessness!!! Love this woman!

5:40 p.m.
I had such a wonderful meditation after the last bit of posting that whatever I do tonight won't really matter. Tomorrow's all mine. Today I have been blissed and blissed again in an empty flat, sitting quietly doing nothing. It was brilliant. Tonight I have to go out for a meal with some very nice people. Am I getting close to breathlessness? Is there anyone in the whole of Edinburgh as fortunate a creature as me? I hope there is.

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I put in a massive and very interesting comment, then it got binned when I hit Publish. I can't do it all again, but you have my word for it, it was fantastic stuff. Take a few dozen deep breaths and you may get the same effect. Hope that helps. If this gets lost too, I'm giving up. No offence.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.