Friday, March 10, 2006

Ra Biffing!

Friday 9.00 a.m.
Pretty pissed when I posted last night. Can you tell? I got the beers in to watch the Joe Calzache/Lacy fight. I was supposed to watch it last Saturday night, but it was on at 2 a.m., so I fell asleep.

Rarely will you see such a one sided boxing match between two undefeated champions. I'd never seen Calzache fight before. He's a southpaw, which means he leads with his right. Sugar Ray Robinson refused to even spar with southpaws. Most southpaws are a bit awkward and ungainly, but not Calzache. He can really box.

What an awful night Lacy had! I felt so sorry for him. He hardly laid a glove on Calzache. What a comprehensive doing he took! He was really quite heroic, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's got a big punch and his corner couldn't pull him out of a title fight. By round five, you knew he hadn't a hope in hell.

I had eight novice boxing matches in my late twenties. It's not important, but I lost three times. You always lose your last fight. The other two were to southpaws. It's not fair. They should be banned!

Despite drinking too much last night, I feel good today. Since I was in Bellshill yesterday, I can meditate all day!!

11:20 a.m.
Surf's up! The weather outside is miserable. Let it be miserable. I've been in the lobby sitting. I haven't sat in a lotus for about a month due to pranging me knee, but this means I can sit for longer without moving. A straight hour and a half there. I've been telling myself I'll be working on my book this afternoon, but .... ra bliss, ra bliss.

I started reading the Interior Castle by St Teresa again yesterday. Of course, she's a well known buddhist and the book is about four hundred years old. I wonder if she's got an agent. Oh yes, there's no hope of anyone giving me any money at the moment because I haven't got anything sitting in slush piles. Chicken House didn't want to read Light in the Dark. The webpage with the unpublished books on it is still taking about nine hits a week. Back to ra bliss!

I:45 p.m.
Much amused by a news report that says UEFA (the European Footie Association) are investigating ra huns due to sectarian, anti-catholic chanting at the game in Spain on Tuesday. As an almost born again hun (see two posts ago!) , I must protest. When the Celtic fans were in Spain a couple of years ago, Uefa gave them an award for good sportsmanship. Giving an award to that bunch of knuckle dragging, tonic wine drinkers showed Uefa up as a front for the Vatican straight away. It's a popish plot! God save the Queen!

9:30 p.m.
I've read a newspaper today, and blogged, and meditated. That's it. I must have done nine hours anyway out of the last twelve. Tired but happy, I'm off to the off-license! Now that I think about it, I'm knackered! Why should sitting quietly, doing nothing make you knackered?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Love it....pranging and knackered...wonderful words!
Hope you are having a great start to a weekend.

5:17 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Could you explain to LA about the weekends starting on Wednesday. By Friday it's already half-way to next week.

What beer was it this time? You didn't say.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Four bottles of Baltiki lager from God knows where. 4.8%(buy three and get one free!) The first batch of homebrew (Burton Bridge Bitter) is going in the barrel tonight! So that's the end of spending money in off-licences, I hope! Hotboy

10:23 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Your latest tipple is from Russia, I think. Modfrn Scotchmen are so codmopolitan, my beer comes from under the house.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.