Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ra Fight Night!

Saturday 23.29 p.m.
Ten years ago, there was a series of super middleweight boxing contests on prime time telly. The neurosurgeon started watching them because these fighters kept arriving on his operating table.

Great cruiserweight fight on just now!

So let's say a wee prayer for Gerald McLellan (?). He fought Nigel Benn and got beat because his brain exploded. The boy is still very unwell and probably broke. Then, in another wonderful fight, Michael Watson's brain exploded and he completed the London Marathon last year, but it took him a courageous week or so.

I'm on my own here. This is a great fight. I wish I was watching it with the sensei and reverend, who knows far more about boxing than me. Boxing is wonderful and awful.

Tonight there's a supermiddleweight fight topping the bill at 2. a.m., so the folk in the states can watch it. The Welsh boy I don't know. Joe Calzache (?). Anyway, he's been champ and nobody noticed since the brain explosions stopped the prime time shows for ...well, until now. This American has come over to fight him. He's called Lacey. You never seeing biffing on the telly unless you've got Sky these days. But I hope nobody gets too brain damaged tonight. The boxers on the telly just now did mirror combinations on each other. Fung you. Great fight. Anyway, this american has come over to fight the Welsh boy. The name Buster Drayton springs to mind. Lacey's manager sounded impressive to me. Buster Drayton came over to Britain once to make money biffing British middleweights. Three of them in a row, as I recall.

Bye, bye! This is exciting!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I watched the thriller in manila again a few weeks back. Also, I saw a documentary about the guy who was world heavyweight champ for a while - I've forgotten his name, but he's a household name. He has a squeaky voice. Scary fighter to watch.

6:31 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotboy, I think I may have found the first customer for your on-line meditaion sevice. Let me know if you want me to provide a translation.

8:33 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - could you view that video OK on your PC? If so, have you got broadband?

I'm thinking of sticking some UnHeard Of videos onto that site, and wondered if they'll be run OK on other folk's PCs. Your feedback would help.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.