Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rat Emptiness!

Tuesday
I think the way things are going that real yogis must be able to bring on ra bliss at any time. When you're dying, when you are living, shouldn't matter. Being ill shouldn't matter either. I mean it would matter with someone like me, but my assumption is that real yogis are only ill, if they get ill, when they're being ill. When they meditate, they won't feel ill surely!

Paramahansa Yogananda said if you're guru can't go instantly breathless, he's no use. Try doing that when you've got the flu. Have you still got the flu?
Anyway the thing about ra bliss is that is happens and you can work with it especially well by doing the juju. That's why the Kagyu folk claim skillful means. They've been doing this stuff for a thousand years so they probably know something about it by now.

Realisation of emptiness is really what you're after. Getting rid of the false sense of self, which is the thing that's going to die. I'm supposed to be combining emptiness with bliss i.e. sometimes when I'm in ra bliss and anything comes up, I'd apply an emptiness analysis.

Meditation should gradually affect all of your life. You'll be less stressed out. You will smile more. You will gradually become happier. You should count the improvement over decades because you live for decades. However, if you're a flatheid, maybe a fool or a moron, you shouldn't worry about this. When you die, you're dead. You're not coming back. That's your false sense of self. Throughout your life you can get on with your neurotic misapprehension of reality and that's okay. If there is rebirth, you get a chance to guzzle up the planet and continue to miss the point. Learning Difficulty Central. For eons, and eons. Still, there might be worse places you could be! Hope this helps!

6:05 p.m.
Just finished an after work meditation. Always a good time when the day is turning dark, but for the past couple of weeks the meditations have been coming along beautifully. Even although I am a bad boy. There's just so much bliss.

And there also will be quite a lot of ra piss! Bought twelve cans of Murphys on the way home. 4.1%, a beer you should be able to drink and drink and drink. Well, I can anyway.

I knew the guy who's coming to see us tonight better than anyone for a couple of years when we were at uni. We spent nearly six months in a caravanette together. Then I saw him when he came back to Edinburgh about seven or eight years later to finish his degree. And haven't seen him at all for twenty years or more. Doubt if twenty years will make much difference after a couple of cans, unless of course he asks me about ra bliss. I can go on about ra bliss for quite a while. A year on this blog will testify to that. Quite nervous about seeing him though. But it will be truly wonderful!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

So if, just for the sake of argument, I was a flatheid, and didn't put in the spadework, I wouldn't deserve to come back? I think I get it now, it's an Eastern Calvinism. No thanks, I'm still trying to get rid of the Scottish version.

I'm off to the next post now, see if there's a review of the Murphy's.

Olly - don't mention Ra Bliss. I mentioned it once and it ate my camcorder.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.