Monday, February 20, 2006

Ra Twenty Years Ago Today!

I heard yesterday that a guy I knew very well at university was coming for his tea tomorrow night. We can do that conversation you see on the tv when you're a kid: Why, how long ago was it? Twenty years, eh? Anyway, I haven't seen him for twenty years!!

One of the books on my site is called Alma Mater. This was the first thing I tried to write after leaving university. I re-wrote it a few times thereafter, but I don't think I've had a go at it for at least fifteen years. I had to read it when I was scanning it, etc. Didn't really ever shape us as a novel, but I'm glad I wrote it. I'll read it again when I'm in my seventies, if I last that long. Anyway, this guy who's coming tomorrow night shared a student house with me in third year and we went away across Europe and North Africa in a caravanette during 1974. Be nice to see him, indeed!

Light in the Dark is still on the slush pile of Chicken House. I should be hustling other stuff, but I really can't be bothered! This is not a good attitude. Fancy having a bad attitude!

Everything continues to advance on the bliss front!

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I think the guy you mean was one of the bad influences who were all happy to help in my downfall. Give him my best. Or my email address.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Always nice to see a good ol' friend.
Twenty years, that is a long time!
Have fun!

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.