Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ra Happy Birthday to Me!

Wednesday 1:15 p.m.
I'm fifty five years old today. This blog is exactly one year old. In this time it has been visited by 4050 Masai Warriors, Martians, perverts and one or two buddhists maybe. The webpage it was set up to track has taken 457 hits in the same time. I wasn't expecting the webpage to have anything like that number of hits when I set it up, and Brian Wilson advised me to get the blog up to attract hits to the page, and that might have worked.

The books I have least trouble with on the page are the kidbooks. I know those two books are good because of the number of kids who responded well to them. The adult book I like the best is The Real McCoy. It has a radio play embedded in the dialogue and I made some money from that before I turned it into a novel. Also, I was very happy when I was writing it. Both of us were at home with the baby for six months after she was born and the book was written then. This was really my chance at writing full time, the first since I was thirty years old and on the dole for a year.

Of course, I haven't got a literary agent! Neither have I emanated as a deity, but I've got a better chance of that than the former. This is because that's something that's up to me.

The first time I was in Amsterdam was in 1974. Great place. I stole the shape for a book I actually had published, called City Whitelight. The place in the middle of the city is called Centrum, a straight lift from Amsterdam. Who says travel doesn't broaden the mind?

I sent Beef McDuck the first three or four chapters of the current book, and he said it was "quite amusing", but today he asked if I'd any more, so it might not be bad.

I'm 55, but I have access to ra bliss! I HAVE ACCESS TO RA BLISS! What a thing to be able to say! Anyone reading this can ask themselves a simple question: Do you get ra bliss or are you on your way to getting ra bliss? Aren't there enough flatheids going around?

Must say I'm quite happy just now. I think I'll go and sit in my hut!

10:35 p.m.
I closed my eyes in the hut. Just more or less gone for an hour an a half. Wrong time of the day as usual, about two o clock. Didn't matter. At some point I wondered what was different. I did a vase breath. That was it. Something had gone. An obstructiveness. Now we were getting straight on through to the other side. I was a bit dazed again, and once or twice since. With the something gone, you get something else after the breath. Something else added to ra bliss. What a birthday present!!!!

The vajrayana is a great adventure. You just don't know what might be round the corner.

0:41 a.m.
I was not clear enough about what a red letter day this was for ra bliss. I cannot express ra bliss so I hang my head and think I can't tell you what ra bliss is like in its new developments because I am not very good at descriptions. But today, my birthday, was a red letter day for ra bliss.

Yesterday I sent a letter to Teresa, a nun at the Samye Ling, who is one of my gurus. So I sat in the hut and fell into ra bliss! There is a connection with the juice. I'm the most sceptical, but it seems to work. It's an admission. I admit that the nun connected with me and helped me with the juice today. Or something like that. How weird! If I die on the plane tomorrow going to Amsterdam, I have to say that I have no complaints. Come on, the angels! Come on, the chariots of fire!

I sat in a hut today and I was very, very happy. I lost it. At one time I thought it was good to have a wee nose because if you stopped breathing, maybe the breathing was keeping your nose warm, and if you stopped breathing your nose, sticking out, should freeze off. But it didn't. That's anxiety. Shame you don't meditate, Jack. All the sore bits have gone, Jack. All the doubts you had. All the anxieties you felt. All the evil bourgeois saying it was easier some other way, Jack. I'm fifty five, Jack. And I've got ra bliss. I've got ra bliss!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Happy birthday, Hotboy

8:32 PM  
Blogger Pens! said...

Happy Birthday, stranger whose wondering who the hell I am. I was just clicking through blogs and you came up.

10:51 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I didn't get the bliss this morning as there was no hot water for the shower. I could have only used cold then more cold, but where's the balance in that?

Happy birthday, I hadn't realised you were so senior to me. Probably explains everything.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow...Happy Birthday blog!
Glad you are here!

11:40 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Robmcj! Why are you showering in hot water when it is 35 degrees?

Myself - never taken anything but cold showers in my life. Good for the constitution.

I say Hotboy. I am 100% certain that you will emanate as a deity before you pass on, which, as you are so much older than I, may happen before I do.

I am not so sure about the vase breath, however. I researched the topic, and found this.
I'm a tad confused.

Anyway, here is a poser for you.

I'm in the middle of a good read at the moment, and I'd like to quote you a paragraph, because the word 'bliss' stood out.

However, the poser is that I have extracted some words, and the challenge is for you to try to complete the paragraph.

Believe me, you may be surprised when I tell you the missing words.

Here is the paragraph:

"...these men know that they are in a certain state of bliss now. For once in their lives, they feel liberated from all other worldy concerns, apart from the pure XXXXXX or be XXXXXX of XXXXXX. And in that sense this is the single, most intense experience that these men have ever known."

When you return from your trip to Amsterdam Island, please try to fill up the XXXXXX's in the above. Then I shall post the original text.

Is it still snowing in Edinburgh?

MM III

9:37 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oi! Happy Birthday young feller!!! I think tapping into Ra Bliss I think is the far bigger accomplishment than getting a literary agent. Relatively speaking of course.

Never the less...sorry for chiming in so late!

Hope you had some cake!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Thanks everyone for the happy birthdays! Back from Amsterdam with all my fingers and toes still on! Must say it is good to be 55 and get ra bliss!!!
Heather: Getting into ra bliss is far better than getting an agent. I had one of them when I was about 28! But you will get ra bliss as well!
Mingin!: I tried to change to words, but it won't let me. I'll have a go later.
Sandy: I think ra bliss could be marketed as a preventative measure for the baldiness!
I'll have to find out who Nikki is. Hotboy

8:46 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Menzies - it's all about balance. Did I forget to say that? And think Carslemane's the real expert on XXXX and XXXXXX.

6:40 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy.

There is no technical jiggery pokery to be done with the XXXXXXs in that text.

In fact, the missing words are: kill, killed and combat. As in:

"...these men know that they are in a certain state of bliss now. For once in their lives, they feel liberated from all other worldy concerns, apart from the pure kill or be killed of combat. And in that sense this is the single, most intense experience that these men have ever known."

Its a quotation from a book about the rescue of some British army hostages in Sierra Leone by the SAS, in 1999. "Operation Certain Death" by Damien Lewis.

I havn't been to Sierra Leone, so was reading up on the place.

A bit more peaceful there, at the moment.

MM III

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.