Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ra Book

Wednesday 9:30 p.m.
I'm trying to write a novel that is maybe a wee bit different. It's an autobiographical novel with a first person narrative voice. It's about two things. It's about ra bliss and there's a storyline about something else to keep you reading about ra bliss. It's similar to the book I got published in 1997 in that it interweaves several things. The joe telling the story is supposed to be able to raise inner heat, so all the meditations aren't going to waste. It's nice when you can put things in your life together like that. Meditation and writing here. It might be a wee bit different because of the way I'm writing it and because not all of it is fiction, but it is a novel. At the moment, it's a very short novel. None of this explains why it's any different.

I should have been dead three years ago so I don't really have to bother. Writing isn't going to stop me becoming something I don't want to become anymore. I'm 55. I've already done that. I could live like I'm living very happily once I get the homebrew barrel organised.

I feel as if when I finish this book I can kiss off writing novels. The subject matter and the way I'm writing it is a culmination. This isn't like writing another play. It's a style thing. Are You Boys Cyclists and The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf were attempts at a different kind of style, or an amalgamation of several styles. The thing I'm working on just now is a culmination of that cycle. So I could stop there and concentrate on the juju thereafter.

The last time I was supposed to give up writing was when I was about forty two. I wrote Are You Boys Cyclists? and it got a publisher, via the good offices of the sensei and reverend, and that kept me writing. Zip since. But I haven't written anything any good since.

I think the vajrayana is my only chance of true happiness, true satisfaction and peace. I don't ask a lot. Already it's made my life wonderful. This does not give me any right to call people names. I do that because I enjoy it. Bad boy. But I've had such fabulous feelings of ra bliss and I wish everyone could get those. I think human beings are supposed to have access to bliss. We're all just such a little step away from being able to breathe bliss. This is RaBlissBlog! We're getting out of our face on air here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are right, no one should have the right to call people names!

12:52 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

How can you be a tortured genius if you're always blissful? It's time to choose. I chose, and look at me now.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.