Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ra Holidays again and again and again!

Wednesday 14:50
This is RaBlissBlog! Here to tell you about further developments whilst surfing the oceans of bliss!

Last night, I was sitting watching the footie and trying to support The Huns i.e. The Glasgow Rangers Football Club. The Huns refused to play a catholic in their team until well into the 1980s, I think, when St Graham Sounness, the then manager, signed their first catholic. I supported another team when I was a young man, but in the spirit of ecumenicism, I was trying to support The Huns.

The difficulty has nothing to do with the players on the park. You have to remember that a large section of the support for the Huns seem to be drawn from those sometimes referred to as "ra orange scum." These are the basturns who would not let us live. However, you have to remember that we're all in the same boat and will end up deities after a few trillion years have gone by. "Ra orange scum" may spend most of these eons yo-yoing in and out of the hot and cold, and occasional hells, but at the end of the day I'm forced to admit that "ra orange scum" are really more or less deities like myself.

Beerless, I'm trying to support The Huns. Has anyone seen a movie called The Abyss? At one point a water sprite sort of rises out of this pool. It's shaped like the head and neck of the Loch Ness Monster ... a long neck and wee head. It seems entirely composed of water and yet is standing up out of the water and seems to be looking around.

As I'm sitting watching the footie, this seems to have come into my body. It sits in you and starts to push out, hold you up. But it's not water. It tends to get warm and blissy these days. But you sit still and it joins you. What it is, where it comes from ... I don't know. But it's strong and seems to add great strength to your posture.

The Huns scored. I cheered. You can change your view if you really try!

At one each I put in a vase breath or two. Just recently, I've been thinking that I've been getting the vase breath thing to work. Well, for nearly two years now it's been working a bit, or sometimes. Then last night it really seemed to work. You think you've seen it, you've done it, and then it really starts to happen, and it just takes your breath away!!

And everything has lifted to a different plateau. Your eyes are shut, but they should be popping out your head in amazement.

This is really serious juju now. This is right off the edge. I'm trying not to lose my bottle again. It said in one of the main books that if you did the vase breathing without having the visualisations in place that you'd go to hell. That could mean a bad mental space. This might mean that something very bad could happen to your health and you'd end up like Gopi Krishna, completely funged and half dead for ages.

Deal with the fear, Hotboy. It's empty.

The Great Buddha Lama Yeshe Losal is my guru and everything is going to be cool!

I ended up with a wee smile on my face last night. I'm sure most folk think I'm having a very quiet, boring time. "All he does is sit and meditate!!" I'm really having the best of times!! What a wonderful time you could have as a hermit! No wonder half of these buggers ask their gurus if they can just stay in the caves till they're dead, and not bother coming out ever.

Often I think amazingly extraordinary and wonderful things are happening to me and even more awesomeness will occur. Is this a reasonable, objective opinion? It seems like that, but these might just be the feelings that go along with the process. Everyone who does the vajrayana must feel this. It is simply beyond wonderful!

Cracked being a footie supporter, by the way. Support The Huns. Cheer when they score and don't give a damn when they're beaten in the end. Just joy!

I'm off to my hut to further my investigations into ra bliss!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say Cap'n Jambo! Tis your own dear self.

How are things in the land of plenty?

Do try to find time in your busy breakfast schedule to visit my Mumblings.

Your own blog seems a mite sparse.

MM III

10:29 PM  
Blogger The Rambling Taoist said...

It's really good to see that you Brits have tired of soccer and are now embracing good 'ol American football. So, are the Glasgow Rangers part of NFL Europe? Who plays QB? ;P

9:54 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Rambling Taoist: 'fraid it's still soccer! We call it football. The Huns play soccer as if they would like to play American football! But all the best Scottish football players come from my home town! Hotboy

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Is this football like soccer?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Hi Lee Ann: "Footie" is a word I heard first in Australia. It was applied to Australian Rules Football, which is a very exciting game of catching and kicking. "Football" in Scotland is soccer, as in the World Cup. Nobody calls it soccer here.It is the abiding sporting passion for the masses round these parts. Rugby is played in the Central Belt of Scotland by young evil bourgeois who don't have enough friends or talent to get a game of football together with their pals. Rugby is like American Football except without any evolution. It is also for folk who are into teamwork but have no real talent. Of course, at the end of the day the only sport is boxing. Everything else is mere sublimation. Ding ding and let's do it. That involves everything. Plus real courage. But from outside, it does look awful sometimes, and should be banned! Except for consenting adults, as usual! Hope this helps. Sorry to seem obscure. Hardly anybody in Scotland ever looks at this bloggy! Hotboy
p.s. what do you think of not letting folk from another religion play in your team? Even if brilliant. Danny McGrain played for Celtic because the Hun scout thought he must be a catholic with name like that. Who's sitting in the back of the bus here?

10:03 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB. The last film you told me about was The Devils. I've never seen it. Don't need to of course, after your detailed description. Is The Abyss like that?

Aussie rules is a crap game. They try to make it exciting by putting in extra goal posts (8), they play extra halves (4), and they have extra scores (e.g 12 119 23). But it's still complete crap.

Being a member of the Scottish patrician classes, I played rugby to build my character. It's another crap game.

Here on the island the main winter game is Rugby League. The TV companies spend a lot on it, so the camerawork and commentary make it fantastic to watch. I once went to see a match in the stadium - definitely not as good as watching it on TV with a bottle of Number 8.

Soccer is good once every 4 years. The Aussies actually qualified this year, so the whole country will be unsufferable until they're knocked out. They're dreaming of beating England. Such faith!

The nicest thing you can say about American football is that it's appropriate for America.

Does that help?

Has your fermantation started yet?

5:52 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Correction. I meant the Scottish petit bourgeoisie. Here on UnHeard Island they don't have a class system, though deep down they wish they had. I've been able to get away with pretending to be European nobility for so long that I've almost started to believe it myself.

6:44 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

PS have you checked out these bliss blogs?

http://buddhismmaybe.blogspot.com/

http://beinginthepresent.blogspot.com/

6:47 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hmmmm....Won't let them play because of religion? Wow! That wouldn't fly over here.
Soccer is getting bigger over here now.
LaCross is starting to get more attention over here now too!
Football is still the biggest of sports over here.
Rob, appropriate for America? ;)

Anyway, I like the terms you use...footie...I like that.
Thanks, it did help!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.