Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ra today!

Thursday 11:51 p.m.
She'd been lying on her side on the bed. It's a very nice place. I'm sitting unusually on the floor of my mother's bedroom. She's two weeks into shingles. Don't get it. It's two weeks in. I've been there for a bit. Her wee sister has already given me something to eat and I'm sitting there. My eyes are closed because she's asked me to put on The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, and I've just completely changed in relationship to my mother when she wants to hear this. So I get into sitting. The juju is comforting to my maw who is a tim. As am I.

Have I told you I'm the world champion at sitting except for the real champions.

I'd like to kill lots of people.

My mother's parent's couldn't read and write. At one point, she starts to sit up and suddenly asks to clutch my hand. We're the Scottish people who do not touch each other. So my old dear is not any longer lying on her side, but is sitting up suddenly with her eyes closed and holding my hand. The woman is 86. She's not holding my hand. She's squeezing my hand. Ra pain. Only lasted for a minute. I've had shingles, but not a pain like that. I had the band round the middle. It's in my maw's face, her eye, her ear ... it is the grief, sorrow, lamentations ... in a physical sense ... suffering in this life.

I'm dead fond of my maw. She has seven kids. They all like her, even the dead ones who didn't live long enough to know what she was, and especially me. I do like my maw.

We don't need this. It is completely unnecessary. Killing yourself might be more interesting!

You're not supposed to say that!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Your mother sounds different to mine. Poor woman. But she's done well to reach 86. Hope the pain's over soon either way.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.