Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ra Emptiness of Emptiness!

Thursday 12:44 p.m.
How many different kinds of voids are there again? 17? I think I'm supposed to be trying t0 combine ra bliss with ra emptiness. I'd forgotten the emptiness was empty as well till I read the Heart Sutra again after seeing it on Samsaramom's blog. The sensei and reverend sent me a translation he did from the Japanese. What? He was illiterate till he was seventeen in that idyllic little village called Maryhill. Fortunately, he's been downsized from the newspaper job, so he might not get shot for a wee while yet.

Couldn't go to see my maw today because the plumber cometh. What a great morning I've had! Up at five thirty for some juju before breakfast. Up to the allotment on a truly beautiful morning. Meditated, dug, planted onions, meditated. Back here for soup and bread, and watching the Commonwealth Games biffing. Great superheavyweight fight. The boy was on the deck three times and got up to stop the other boy with twelve seconds remaining on the clock. Takes a lot of bottle that! You've got to really want it.

Four billion years ago, there wasn't any Earth. Now, we've got eyeballs and everything. It's a truly miraculous universe. Be a good laugh if we discover when we're dead that there's nothing here at all. Even the emptiness is empty. And that's empty, and so's that, and so on. Till the seventeenth degree maybe. These uncivilised pagany boys had all this sorted two and a half millenia ago. What were we doing? Going Ugh? Let go, Hotboy! Let go!

Thank God I'm not at work today! What a great life I'm having!


Later on: Fair play to Nosferato: "I translated the Kannon Sutra, not the Heart Sutra, ya benighted heathen. The translation of the Heart Sutra was by Red Pine, who I think is the best translator of sutras into English. His translation of the Diamond Sutra is definitive too. "

What do I know? I tried to phone the plumber today. (What a great job! I wish I was a plumber. Or could do anything like that!) I couldn't remember my phone number or my post code. The wummin on the other end said: "Is that your last bid?" I love wummin like that. Funny wummin. I'll go to Bellshill tomorrow. To see the entities who ask if Osama is a buddhist. I'm taking my nuclear weapon. Labels and functions. St Teresa told me today that she envied the desert joes. Well, we don't have the option. To be alone.


Tomo Geshe, according to Anagarika Govinda, zapped everyone who touched him with ra bliss. Walked off the park when he wanted to. Hmmm? Everyone before you must have less. Everyone after you must have more.

Friday 8:50 a.m.
Did a great deal of digging yesterday afternoon and felt very tired afterwards. Even if you think you're half fit, digging is a great thief. If I was a peasant, I'd starve to death. How my forefathers managed to work down the coalmines with picks and shovels is beyond me. They must have been as hard as nails. I'm off to Bellshill to see my maw now.

Friday 5:15 p.m.
What's going on with the bloggy thing? This post doesn't appear on my blog when I try to access it. What? And I found a comment in my email which doesn't appear on the blog. I knew this blog malarkey would never last! Anyway, the comment indicated that someone thought I was eccentric. I'm trying to get my head out of my backside while everyone I know seems to be jamming theirs further up and I'm the eccentric one!

I might get away with not having to talk to anyone apart from the Domestic Bliss from now till Monday. Keep away all you normal people! Keep away!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lelly said...

Yessss...hmmmm....ahhhhh found you through Rob's blog. You're ever so slightly eccentric...arn't you? (but in a good way!)

11:01 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - Either Barry's blog has been hijacked, or you're playing with our heads. Liverjournal indeed. No need to try to be eccentric, you're already there. I think this means Lelly thinks I'm normal.

What are nuclear "Labels and functions"?

I've been too knacked to blog for days now, but I do all my own plumbing. Does that help?

Did the TV coverage show anyone winning medals other than Aussies? We pick up Aussie TV on the island, and it was a hoot. E.g. if an Aussie wins something, there's endless elation, interviews with the athlete, etc. If it's a non-Aussie winner, they tell you all about the brave Aussie who came third and just say the winner was "the Nigerian".

Having said that, I did enjoy the women's pole-vault. Surely that's not phallic?

2:55 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I saw the fifteen year old Aussie lady pole vaulter and I wanted to marry her immediately!
Things exist only as labels and functions due to ra emptiness.
Pole vaulting can be phallic if you want it to be! Hotboy

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.