Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ra Bookworms Turn!

Tuesday 2 p.m.
I'm on strike today. I love being on strike! Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer, we'll keep the red flag flying here! Free beer for the workers!

It's about pensions. I don't expect to live that long and if I do, I won't need a pension. I'm going to be a rich novelist, but I'll be giving most of my money away anyway. Even if I'm not going to make any money from my wonderful writings, surely the Pet Bereavement Counselling Service will clean up!

Anyway, my cunning plan to become so skint that I can't afford to be a bad boy seems to be paying off at last. I've had more pollution free days in the last fortnight than I've managed in ages. Ra bliss has been going through the roof. I meditated last night till nearly eleven and left very happy and content to sit in the lobby doing that, eventually.

St Teresa says you take the scorpions, snakes and spiders into the Interior Castle with you. (I think that's bad habits, desires, temptations) There are seven, I think, Mansions in the Interior Castle. By the time you get to the fifth Mansion, the snakes, etc., have turned into wee agile lizards, which shouldn't bother you too much if you don't pay attention to them. There's a great big Tarantula sitting in my kitchen. There's nearly five gallons of Burton Bridge Bitter in it and it's very nice indeed.

Maybe it doesn't ever stop being an effort, not for the likes of me. But it's much harder when you're just beginning and you might not be getting many sweeties at all ... and all your friends are like Brian Wilson and Poisonous. Samsaramom is trying to get her sitting times up. It's hard, but it was much harder for St Teresa, I think. She was into obedience and humility, being a nun, and her confessors (the flatheids!) were telling her ra bliss, etc., was the work of the devil. She did not have the wonderful Tibetans with their skillful means.

I sent the first part of Ancient Futures to Robert Dudley, a literay agent of the Elizabethan age. I also sent him Beef McDuck's review.

There's a series on an obscure channel called Kick Ass Miracles. Caught it about 2.a.m. on Saturday morning. One of the earlier ones had an old guy doing gymnastics and Tai Chi. 105 years old. That's forty year on a pension. Bleed the buggers dry and may the force be with you. Brilliant!

6 p.m.
Got into a lotus for the first time since I pranged my knee ... must be six weeks ago. Hurrah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Hi Chris! Nice that you showed up again! I've done hatha for twenty years. I've got drunk for far longer. Have you ever wakened up with marks on you, the provenance of which you were not too sure of? This is called a drinking injury. Wonderfully, I did not mind. Do you know about ra Tao? I don't. I think I might have understood it just a little bit when I wakened up with the sore knee. I didn't mind. Lucky to have a knee, far less a sore one. I can sit for longer in a half lotus. The Dalai Lama says start in the lotus, at least, since the winds enter the central channel easier. So I was pleased to get into it today. If I'd got into it any sooner, I'd have started to run again. Now, there's no excuse. And the Springtime has come. You can run in the light at night. Or in the evening."In the light at night!"
Hotboy.
Hey, Jack, what do you think? The title of the book was "Light in the Dark." No use. How about "In the Light at Night." Still crap. The sensei funged this up by doing the "Of Darkness and Light." Loved reading that.

10:51 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - You've told me the whole story before. I remember, St Teresa is the nun who's obsessed with Grandier. It's a truly disturbing and unforgettable film. And I haven't even seen it.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow... Free beer?
I cannot wait for you to be a rich novelist. I will brag to all of my friends that you are a friend!
Glad your meditation is going so well.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.