Friday, April 07, 2006

Ra New Day Dawns!

Friday 10:30 a.m.
I have not meditated today yet due to enjoying drinking all those beers last night. Must say it did brighten up a dull patch. However, I must put these childish amusements behind me now and start more seriously investigating ra bliss!

I'm going to sit in the lobby all day.

Amazingly, I haven't had a single offer to buy myself for £1,000,000, which I thought was a very small price. I've decided to downsize and see if I can sell my arm. My left arm. It's yours for half a million. A steal! I read a great book once called The Fatal Shore, about convicts in Australia. Some of them tried to walk from Tasmania to China. This was before they knew Tasmania was an island or that Australia was an island. Anyway, these boys started eating each other. The sole survivor said that the tastiest bit was the upper arm. So an upper arm casarole can be yours for only $500,000. Only genuine offers entertained!

4:20 p.m.
I meditated in the lobby till four with short breaks, during one of which I went to the barber's for a No.1. A baldy! Also to take out £100 on the plastic. Got a letter from the bank saying I'd overdrawn my overdraft. They punish you for this, so I'll have to withdraw the offer of the left arm since they've got it already. The rest of the body is still on offer though. Dollars, not pounds. A million of them. Maybe I should offer myself for adoption. That might work, but it didn't work the last time I tried it.

Dora and Jerry are arriving from the west. Let the shenanigans commence!

4 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

I saw this BBC Get Writing site, and thought of you.

Does the million pounds include profits from all your future writings, and for those who may wish to invest, can you say how much earnings past writings have achieved?

MM III

7:21 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Have you considered brewing another bucketful as a cost-saving measure? That could help.

How will you dig without your arm. A young saxophonist (you dig?) here had his fingers hacked off by a drug baron who had got the wrong man. That reminds me, say hi from me to Jerry Dora man.

You might notice that since I took your advice about dialogue and point of view I'm able to affect the character of of a sad basturn addicted to word-play. It seems to be helping my word retention disorder. Now for the anal!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! The last time any foolish fellows gave me money for manipulating the alphabet was in 1997. I made about twelve grands out of scripts over about ten years when I wrote drama. But you have to speculate. I will be filthy rich. You could offer some money for a little finger, a pinkie? Hotboy
Adolf! Heil! I have brewed another bucketful (this time a bit stronger!), but it isn't quite ready yet. Two cans, no sugar, what do you think? Hotboy

12:53 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Here's the answer to the overdaft problem. Stick a link to your blogs at authorsblogs.

As far as I can see there's hundreds of aspiring and published writers there. If this helps, remember the 10%.

Good that your fist brew turned out drinkable. Two cans, no sugar - I tried that once - it ended up a little too bitter for my taste cos of the double hops concentration, but of course still very healthy in that German way cos no mind-sapping sugar.

Nowadays I use one can plus a can/jar of (unhopped) malt extract. If the brew doesn't start within 24 hours, I add a small amount of sugar to kick-start the yeast.

Let me know how it goes.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.