Sunday, December 03, 2006

Rose Perfect Moments!

Sunday 3:37 p.m.
I was in the good mother's kitchen when they left me there on my own to go to Mass. The bliss was so white and thick, with very few thoughts. Oh, ra bliss! Then it feels as if everyone is surely going to be alright. It seems as if all the bad things you've ever done, and maybe all the good things you've done, don't really count for anything at these times. Certainly, the consquences of the bad things you've done have passed you by for as long as you can maintain, or even observe, such bliss.

This is when we must be like De Quincey. The weather is filthy outside. He described living in Lasswade one winter, of how the housekeeper left and the curtains were closed to the dark at four o clock, and there was just him and the big bowl of laudanum in the middle of the table. Well, there's no laudanum here, but we have ra bliss! I will be on my own in the flat for the rest of the day and evening. How much I am looking forward to that!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Would there be anything else to do in Lasswade anyway?

It sounds similar to the I Don't Care If I Die experience. I get that sometimes when I just

slow


right



down.

9:33 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I'd say he was stoned when the "Chinese man" came.

PS thanks, I've just noticed you turned off verification for commenters. That helps. Thought it helps the spammers too.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Since the Chinese joe couldn't speak English, De Quincey handed him a big lump of opium which the chinese joe just swallowed. De Quincey expected him to be found dead as the joe just strode off! Nothing changes! Hotboy

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.