Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ra Scottishyness!

Sunday 1:30 p.m.
And, yea, though they were more handsome, and bigger, and more skillful, when the national anthems were over, then did we capture and beseige and ambush them at every turn, and nutted them, and kickied them, and pushied them, and finally cuffied them froggies one nil, and sent them hameward to think again! Who said miracles don't happen? Scotland 1, France 0. Just occasionally, it's great to be a Scot, so it is!

I haven't been going on about ra bliss much recently to you spam robots, Jack, because I sometimes think what's the point of talking to flatheids about ra bliss when they seem quite content to walk around oblivious to ra bliss all around them, with their heads up their backsides, like chaff in the wind, like chickens who think at every dawn the grub will be there until one day, lo!, they get their heads chopped off.

But this is RaBlissBlog and I'm here to tell you flatheids all about ra bliss even although you are too dumb to meditate. Just before I go up to the allotment, I thought I'd let you know, Jack, that this morning ra bliss was once again astonishing! The effects of the vase breathing were amazing! Astonishing and amazing, Jack! Amazements and wonderments beyond your ken! Why should I care if you're a flatheid if at the end of the day there are no flatheids, and there are no sentient beings? Anyway, until I fully realise emptiness, I will just have to remember that I am indeed one of the most fortunate of fortunate creatures! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

8:50 p.m.
A wren visited me while I was sittting meditating in the hut this afternoon. I didn't come in through the chicken wire windows as they normally do. This one came in through the door! Hello, I'm Ms Wren, she tweeted. No, but the door is tied shut with twine and there's a wee gap at the bottom. The wren came through that. Then it checked the hut out, as they do, hopping about all over the shop. This one came closer than ever to me before hopping down to the floor and leaving by the door again. What's going on here? Is it trying to pretend to watchful eyes that it's going nowhere near the hut? Are wrens becoming civilised and using doors instead of windows where possible? Nice when they visit though. Good to have a wee wild bird hopping about he place from time to time.

9 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

I know nothing about rabliss, but can appreciate a bird being cheeky and insouciant, little beggar.

Scottishness is very fashionable, don't you know. Blair was educated up here, and all of our likely future PMs (Brown, Reid and Cameron) have Scottish connections. Wish that made me feel more secure.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

ion: Almost nobody has access to any of ra bliss! Usually, this irritates me somewhat, but sometimes it makes me feel like a very fortunate creature indeed! Hope the wrens nest in the hut next year. They had a year off this year. Hotboy

3:07 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

It's about time we heard a bit more about the blissology. It'll be a big help to someone.

Is that the same wren you tortured by smashing its house to the ground? It can't be too intelligent if it's back for more. I suppose that's where the word birdbrain comes from.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric: I was hoping we could hold it to a three nil defeat. It was the best result Scotland's ever had!
Adolf! Heil! The wren's nest is inside the hut. The finch or whatever nested in a box outside and it fell down only way after the birds had flown!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Erid: Yes, Ukraine on Wednesday. They reached the World Cup quarter finals. Pub team! We'll hammer them, but might need some more divine intervention. Hotboy

11:01 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey hotboy, I am sorry I haven't been around much lately, a lot of things happening outside of the Land of Blog. Hopefully things are settling down some now. I just wanted to stop in to say hi and that I have missed you.
~xo

4:53 AM  
Blogger Lelly said...

one of the good things about Autumn and Winter is that the birds become less able to feed themselves and come back to the peanuts and fatballs that I leave out for them. Did you know there is a Brit bird even smaller than a wren called a goldcrest? We have one of those in our garden.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I know your motor exploded. So pleased I don't have one of them! Always nice to read your comments!
Lelly: Funnily enough, I was thinking of putting one of these bags of nuts inside the hut for the wrens over the winter. Only wee birds could get into the hut and I think a hard winter gets them first. A goldcrest, eh? One of the advantages of having an ancient forest! Hotboy

10:08 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

While you're impressing bthe lassies with the nuts in your bag, I've been busy with the maps, and we're talking Poland, not Piddledorf. Does that help?

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.