Monday, June 25, 2007

Ra Broon!

Monday 6:50 p.m.
Though we don't normally do politics here on RaBlissBlog, I'm so pleased that Gordon Brown has got the job as Prime Minister! I'm twelve days older than him. He did history at Edinburgh University, but was two years in front of me because of his giant brain. But he'd have read the same books I as did. He'd know who Proudhon was. He'd know who Bakunin was and who Kropotkin was. He'd remember that Plekhanov was the joe who translated Marx into Russian. Politics is the art of the possible, of course, but he's from the left and he's one of us!

There's an account of life at Edinburgh Universtiy at this time on my web page. It's called Alma Mater.In fact, there might be a story about trying to vote in a student election in 1973 whilst out of one's face on downers ... which he was probably running in, or his pal Jonathan Wills was.

Now that the boy who told lies and got us involved in the killing zone that is Iraq has gone, I can now vote Labour again, at least in Westminster elections. Well done to the boy, eh?!

What'll I hae for my tea the nicht?
A herrin', or maybe a haddie?
Has Gran'ma gotten electric licht?
Is the next stop Kirkcaddy?

2 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

I's hazard that you have a wee spark of the nationalism in you, so you think that Broon will have a touch of the common man. I hope you're right, but have my doubts. We shall see. He and Harman as our saviours? She may be a woman but so was Thatcher.

Anyway, I hope you had good crack with the spotty 12 yr olds today. Frankly, I'd rather put my money on them to turn the world around than compromising on institutionalised hack politicians.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: You've got to do what you can do. A pal of his published a book of mine (Bill Campbell) and he was on the radio recently saying that G. Brown thought you could change things through the Labour Party, whilst Bill was a bit more of an anarchist. Like moi. But G. Brown stopped poverty among old age pensioners. That's more than I'll ever do, so I'd take my hat off to that boy! I think I'm only a nationalist when we're not winning! Hotboy

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.