Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ra Wonderful Day!

Thursday 1:55 p.m.
This morning was great. I so want not to have a jobbie! Anyway, it was too busy since I had to make my bread and the delicious soup. I costs about £5 to make enough bread and soup for four or five days. I could live like a lord on £20 a week, which is just as well because that's all I've got in cash till I get paid again. But I've got supplies.

The other thing I had to do was visit the library for the Domestic Bliss. While I was there I put in an order for Afloat by Jennifer McCartney. I definitely going to read novels again. Anyway, they'll have to buy it to give me a look since it's not in the Edinburgh Public Library catalogue yet.

I'll be able to read more novels in bed now that I have a new pair of specs (which I can actually see out of!) and will soon be completely teetotal. Just when I was getting my resolve together, I get another invite to a drinks reception at the Traverse for next Thursday. Another open grave! Also, the Domestic Bliss has invited a bunch of hopeless alcoholics to dinner on Saturday night.

Something told me something was the matter with all this weeding folk do in their allotments. Now, I've discovered that the poppies I've been pulling up are opium poppies! All things come to those who wait, Hotboy. They'll be running about the allotments with AK 47s mounted on the back of jeeps before you know it!

I might post about the wonderments later!

5:10 p.m.
As you come round the corner at Brandon Terrace, you can see way way way up to Princes Street and the Scott Monument. It's part of my benchmark 4 mile run. Though I haven't been running much recently, I sailed up the hills today. And what a great hour I've just spent soaking in the bath! Eyes closed with the whole head enclosed in a great globule of ra bliss! The bath after the run was always wonderful, but now that I can do ra bliss in the bath. Well, what can I say, Jack? What a fortunate creature I am!

2 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Going to the library - a bit of a busperson's holiday for you.

I do something similar to bliss in the bath. They say it's good for the skin.

Like you I am having a wonderful day here - it's been raining for days on end, so I can stay at home without being accused of antisociality (as if!)

I'm watching the funniest rugby match live from Australia, where most of the pitch is underwater. I'll post some stills for MM's interest.

PS our library has Afloat already, that's one of the benefits of living in a high-taxing council constituency, everything balances up, but you knew that.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Albert? Hope you enjoy the book! I heard it has sex in it. Just close you eyes and flick over a few pages as soon as the word recognition clicks in. That might help you with that problem! Hotboy

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.