Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ra Good or Bad Fortune!

Wednesday 8:30 p.m.
I think when Chou Enlai was asked if he thought the results of the French Revolution were good or bad, he said: It's too soon to tell.

So I got the disease, which is bad, but it's not the black spot, which is good. Also, I had to cancel going to work this morning due to the pains in the lungs, etc., (which was good) and a meeting with my friend with the very, very bad cough (which was bad). Also, I won't be going to Bellshill with this disease, which is bad, but I don't really have to see anyone at all now till next Monday morning, which might be good or bad.

I'll get this bit wrong, but I'll have a bash. You've got three bodies. There's the body of every flatheid who's ever lived. It's the coarse body. Then there's the subtle body. That's like your acupuncture meridian body. Then there's the bit I don't know. It is basis. It might have no characteristics but a kind of ability to cognize, and contains all good qualities maybe but undifferentiated. It might be clear light mind.

This is the buddha in one lifetime juju! "When we can see, straightforwardly and non-conceptually, the nature of our clear light mind and remain totally absorbed in this nature without ever regressing from it, we have become a buddha." Dalai Lama. The Wall. So I reckon you have to get access to this clear light mind.

The deity yoga is the subtle body juju. You clothe the subtle body in the Medicine Budda .... does the Medicine Buddha have the swamp fever? If you sneeze, you sneeze, but the Medicine Buddha only has a wee bit of the swamp fever. It is one of the causes and conditions, but there is a step you're beginning to take here into ... it's just a wee bit transcendental, Jack. You're in ra bliss and a step away from the coarse body. And this is very nice, Jack, because the coarse body has a helluva fung touch of the swamp!

Ditto whilst feeling a bit fashed and bashed the day after hitting the barrel.

Oh, what a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

I saw something funny of the bloggy of the sensei and reverend. He got this from Jeff Patton for his birthday. As usual, I'm the one with the hair.

I can't got to the hut and spend the night. There's no teevee or beer in the hut. But there is the start of the second series of Rome on the teevee right now! I loved the first series. A bit of chibbing and tolchocking, hanky panky and history ... right up my street!

As an aside: The complete fool who did the teevee crit in the Times today hates this Rome show. He should get himself a proper job! My money is on Octavius. Mark Antony was just fabulous. They picked that boy to look like Marlon Brando and then he did the whole British acting trip on it. "I'm not getting out of this bed till I fung someone!" None of this monogamy nonsense for these Roman aristocratic joes! The show was superb. Well done the BBC and the HBO for, no doubt, sticking in the money!

8 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

This post again made me laugh, and provoked some thoughts.

Queries;
I thought thoughts were to be suppressed, so why does this blog make them arise?

Those three types of bodies were impossible to rationalise. Which one secretes DSIP from the hypophysis-hypothalamus axis during a fever?

How can you say you'll be seeing no one till Monday, for down at the hut allotment there must be (literally) hundreds of plant and animal friends. I talk to the weed garden at work and its bees, slugs and slaters all the time.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion!: As far as the three bodies ... impossible to rationalise if you think it's supposed to be true. As part of the mind game, however, which is supposed to lead you towards equanimity... well, it's a taste it and see. Does it work? Which one secretes ... it's got to be all of them. Hotboy.

12:35 AM  
Blogger rob said...

RaTaoissBlog! Good and bad are in the mind. A promising start! Until the jujuspeak of course.

Secreting with all three bodies doesn't sound very monastic.

The animation with the birds! I thought I had too much time on my hands.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

Now, now, don't be wishing unblissful thoughts on anyone. It is not very Ra of you.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo: You're dead right! I go and edit out the bad word as well! Hotboy

9:13 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: The sensei and reverend emailed me to tell you that thoughts are not suppressed in meditations. When you do straight calming meditations, they show up less and in a less frantic manner. Mainly, you let them go and don't follow them, or hang on to them. I hope this helps. Hotboy

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is ion. Blogger has refused to recognise me today. Please thank S&R for guidance, anmd reassure him that I am an unreformed flatheid, especially now it's the weekend.

I now intend to notice the thoughts then let them gently fly away.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: It doesn't matter what you're supposed to do, so much. It's being in them and thinking them without any distance that's maybe the problem. Getting some distance to make the decision is hard. This might not help! Hotboy

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.