Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ra Wild West!

Sunday 7:40 p.m.
Yesterday morning I felt a bit tired after the terrible trauma of spending Friday evening without any pollutants in my system at all. After meditating for about an hour, I lay down on the bed and did the yoga nidra. Eyes closed. Full on Star Wars light sword with ra bliss reacting to the deep breathings! Never has there been such amounts of ra bliss whilst lying flat out.

Thank God I'd been invited to what turned out to be a pharmaceutical convention on Saturday night down in the bowels of Ayrshire! It might have been billed as a birthday party for twenty one years olds, so I expected to be in rooms full of glassy eyed young women half falling out of their dresses. And I cannot say I was disappointed.

I had my carry out of eight cans of Guinness, but was met at the door by Egarious Eric from Eindhoven, and half an hour later I was getting eyestrain in this room full of charming young ladies half falling out of their dresses, so I was ushered next door where some old people were gathered.

In August I was at a party there for old people and met the boy whose brain had exploded one day, causing him to waken up the next day with a tube sticking out of his forehead. I must say he seemed to have lost a bit of weight. Still seemed undaunted. Hardly had I been chatting for two minutes before he introduced me to Benny and the Midnight Runners, a bit like pulling a fast one. But he seemed very wise on it. After his brain exploding and all, he'd decided that the secret of life was to feel contented and take every day as it comes.

Two glamourous ladies half falling out of their dresses were swaying around to a CD by some modern beat combo and the joe quickly got up to join them. So I turned to my right and this other joe starts telling me about the twelve step programme you get at the AA. He seemed very alert and had been off the sauce for two and a half years. I was telling him how well he was looking on the sobriety when he insisted on introducing me the Bolivian Marching Band he'd been partying with over the last four days and nights! Where there's a will, as they say!

I was determined not to talk to any of them about ra bliss! When I was there in August, I'd been spending a lot of time in the hut over the holidays and felt like I'd just landed from Mars, and felt a bit sad that none of these very nice if somewhat lawless people would ever get ra bliss. So I started talking to one of Shiva's sons about writing, which is something I rarely do. Anyway, he finally agreed after I'd been talking incessantly at him for about an hour and a half straight to read my new book. Most of the books I've written have had a readership of less than five people and this would take the count for this latest effort up to two, if you exclude Adolf since I doubt if he got passed the first two pages.

Got to bed at half five and was up bright as button at half nine. Spent most of the afternoon meditating in an empty house in Lanarkshire. Stood up at one point to relieve the aching legs and did the mountain pose, the first pose in hatha yoga. Full on light sword bliss with good reactions to the breath holding juju. Surely, one of these days I will be able to give up everything and follow the one step programme which is simply to succumb to ra bliss! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

9 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

Do you mean to tell us that meditation obviates hangovers, comedowns and guilt? Sell it, and get rich quick.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: You shouldn;t get a hangover on 8 cans of Guinness over eight hours. Not me anyway. (might be due to the soup, bread and beer diet!) Ra dooms are for folk who don't drink the right stuff. You need more and longer for a comedown. But at the end of the day what it comes down to is this: Can you or can you not do ra bliss? Essentially, you should be able to close your eyes and do ra bliss if you've got enough concentration and brains left. Or are able to breathe. And take big breaths. You don't need much concentration at this stage of the game. However, if you don't meditate ... well, grief, sorrow, lamentations ... suffering in this life is what you get. Being a flathied. Oh, no bliss, no bliss, no bliss! Hotboy

10:12 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

That was great. Next time please take a camera for the exploding out of the dresses. That would help even more.

5:05 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

It sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend, what with all that New World Music.

MM III

1:53 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow!
That party sounds like a movie! Egarious Eric From Eindhoven (love that...is that his real name?) Do all the women that party over there, fall out of their dresses????? :-D
The guy whose brain exploded...aneurysm? He is a lucky boy to be at the party now!
So the guy introduced you to a Marching band that he had been hanging out with? Hmmm, that is fun and strange all at the same time.
So you talked at the boy? I would have loved to hear that conversation.
Sounds like a fun and wildly peculiar evening!
Have a great week Hotboy!
~xo

2:08 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! The musical combos do sound rather good under these conditions!
Lee Ann: I think there must be a fashion these days for very low cut dresses, but I don't get out much these days so it might just be my heightened awareness. Don't think so though! It was a great party! Hotboy

9:34 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

All cheer for meditation. Sounds like some interesting parties you have been going to.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

My Utopia! You should be able to be happy in an empty room with no supports. Unfortunately, not quite there yet! Nice for you to visit. Hotboy.

10:49 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

lee ann, if you saw the video you've already heard that conversation.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.