Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ra Wonderful, Wonderful Day!

Wednesday 8:25 p.m.
A great bountifulness seemed to be heaped on oneself today! My holidays started. Hallelujah! I got paid so I can spend your actual money for a couple of days! Hallelujah! The Domestic Bliss returned from Spango and Froggyland! Hallelujah! The meditation I was having when she rang the doorbell was so bloody wonderful that I knew I was going to have a truly wonderful six weeks in the hut or nut. Oh, ra bliss! Oh, ra bliss! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

Once, when I used to drink alcohol, me and Brian Wilson met a really nice joe called Ian Sclater and because of this he published a bit out of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf in his magazine called Instant. .

Sometimes, he has to send out emails to everyone he's ever used before to get copy, such is the world of magazine deadlines. The last time I got one of these was when I'd just finished my new book. Right then are there I emailed the book to him and said I'd go fifty fifty until he made a million pounds if he'd hustle it for me. No reply. I don't think some people take me seriously, Jack, and they're all going to be sorry when these Hotboy books sell boatloads.

This time I told him he should stick some of it in his magazine and he was going to be sorry for not reading it the first time. So he said he has read it. Hmmm? And no reply? He's really going to be sorry! Anyway, he says he might publish a 1,000 word chunk if I send him a couple to choose from.

That means I'll have to read it. I've not wanted to do that since I finished it. I used to get really annoyed reading and writing that book, Jack. That was a first! I'll skim it!

And I got a great idea! I'm going to re-write The Real McCoy. The great idea was knowing what to do with it. It's the second time I've had this great idea. It just came thundering back in whilst I was investigating ra bliss in the lobby, before the doorbell went and the Domestic Bliss came home.

And ROME is coming on the teevee in five minutes. I can't remember enjoying anything on the television so much. Maybe I CLAUDIUS. I'm maybe just a sucker for the sand and sandals epic. Tonight Cleopatra comes to Rome to bonk Mark Antony.

6 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

Re: The Hols- you lucky, lucky bugger! H-etc. works in the education sector too, hence her availability to become my cleaning technician for the summer. However, I was in Stockaree today when it was pelted with hailstones at lunchtime. Great charity shops!

Re: RaBlissBook- sometime I'll get round to reading this and can recommend the most engaging section to send on to the Instant's editor. However, at the mo' I'm busy reading about the evolution of vision and structural colours in animals from Andrew Parker. Did you know that the iridescence from a beetle's carapace or a peacock's feather are not pigments, but teensy-tiny diffraction gratings in the structural proteins? Not many people know that.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion:The book by Andrew Parker looks far more interesting by far, but if you email me at madyamika2000/yahoo.co.ukdooky (the last part is to fool whoever it is you're supposed to fool!)I'd send you a copy of RaBlissBook. It's dead short and much better than anything else on that page. I don't expect it to find a publisher now and it's not going on the page. Even if you didn't like it, it would only take you two hours to read it. If you don't mind getting arrows fired at you, you could try shouting Hotboy at the bottom of the allotment stockade the next time you're in Stockaree! Maybe I emailed RaBlissBook to you once when I was under the weather. In that case, just stick in with stuff about the tiny diffraction gratings in the structural proteins.Hmmm?

9:14 PM  
Blogger rob said...

How about rewriting Alma Mater? I could help. The real version is a lot like I Claudius without sandals, so we could plagiarise.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Albert? Are you still there? It would be hard to fit in any deities to that tale. Maybe later. Hotboy

1:35 PM  
Anonymous possibly albert said...

WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON HERE WITH THE DATES?

1:01 AM  
Anonymous albert said...

I had an extra teaspoon or two of freedom ale, and as a result landed on the defunct blog. No word from Dances, good news presumably.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.