Friday, May 11, 2007

Ra Cool Joe!

Friday 10:40 a.m.
The meditations started at such a high point this morning that I'd like to spend the day in the lobby like I did yesterday, but I'm off to see the auld maw. What a wonderful journey I'll have on the train to Bellshill! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

17:36 p.m.
What a great trip I had today! I'd only been in the auld maw's house for half an hour when she said she wanted to go upstairs and listen to the CD of the Dharmapada. So she lay on the bed and I set on the floor in a half lotus. The CD must have taken over an hour.

I've never read the Dharmapada, but there's bits of it on the wall

The wish that it be made known that "I was the author" is the thought of a man not yet adult. The Dharmapada. The Wall.

Let no man think lightly of good, saying in his heart, "It will not come nigh me." By the falling of water drops a pot is filled; the wise man becomes full of good even if he gather it little by little. The Dharmapada. The Wall.

When I was still at uni and dressing up as a hippy, I remember finding out that "cool" was a translation from the sanskrit (pali?), meaning that you weren't full of desire and craving. You were cool. I was listening to the Buddha telling us to be cool today.

The Dom Bliss bought me clip on shades for my specs to help combat the global warming last week. I mean, how cool can you get?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

Up at the Ku Chawe bar the other night, Jock was saying that now Alex Salmond is to take over from Tony Blair, everyone in Scotland will have to learn to speak Gaelic.

Is that correct, or was he pulling my leg?

MM III

4:07 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Jock is correct. You won't get a jobbie here if you can't speak the lingo. That's only fair. "You hod him an' Ah'll heider him!" as they say in Gaildom! Hotboy

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

In that case, will you be able to tutor Cabbage in the language, if/when he passes the interview for Executive Hotboy Hut Facilities Director?

MM III

7:47 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Congrats re the two links in your previous post, one of them even worked. This is encouraging.

9:53 PM  
Blogger rob said...

PS - I like the sensei's new blog design.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm afraid the whole Hut Empire has collapsed due to no book publishing deal for RaBlissBook! Bloody damn disgrace, that's all I can say! Hotboy
Onan? Is the dog in Bavaria? What happened to the dog photie? Bring back the dog! Bring back the dog! Hotboy

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say, what?

Yes, The Urban Monk - good brand, and the visual effects are nice. We live in a visual world - well, those of us who keep our eyes open for most of the day do, anyway.

You might spruce your blog up with some visual effects as well, Hotboy. Obviously, this is technically beyond you, but I'd point out that as Cabbage can't read, perhaps he is the ideal candidate to concentrate on your visual presence, and become your Marketing Consultant.

I also see that The Urban Monk has a donations feature. I'm sure this will make him rich.

MM III

11:36 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! If nobody sends the sensei any money, he has to go and eat someone else! Re: ra technicalities. Well, I found the spellchecker and it buggered up the formatting. Nuff said! Hotboy

2:37 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Tell Cabbage to start learning Gaelic just in case! Hotboy

2:37 PM  
Blogger rob said...

PS Happy new south mothers' day to yer ma.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.