Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ra New Beginning!

Since it looks as if I may not after all become filthy rich or famous, or even published, through the new book, I fear it is time to have another go!

I'd like to write a book with beautiful paragraphs, and proper chapters. I think mayhap not having proper chapters or even proper characters might have been the downfall of the last effort.

So I'm going to try to write a closely plotted crime book. You have to have a horrible incident at the beginning, I think, so that folk will know it is a crime book right off. You need a body; someone tied up and horribly mutilated, or something like that.

My horrible incident will come from something I saw on the telly, so it's true. This guy walks into this bar and stabs a joe who is sitting among his friends, his fellow baddies. He kills the guy by stabbing him many, many times, but stabs him through both eyes as well. The alleged perpretator was interviewed on the telly because he got off. The interviewer asked why he'd been arrested and the joe said there were only one or two other guys who could do such a thing, and since these guys were in jail already, the police thought it must be him.

So I've got an opening and a general scenario, but I have to work in a way to get an allotment into the story, and a buddhisty angle.

And make it dead funny. Hmmm? Not a crime book after all then, Hotboy. Well, Jack, since it'll probably never get published anyway, I'll just write what I like. Maybe it'll be my buddhisty, funny, crime book!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

Now that Ian Paisley is going to become the Prime Minister of an independent Scotland, will that mean that he will be featured on your bank notes?

With respect to "...someone tied up and horribly mutilated..." - how about running a competition in which visitors to your site could suggest someone unto whom the deed could be done?

MM III

4:35 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The competition is the best idea you've had since the Boer War. But I have no hut manager and everything is such a bother, isn't it? Hotboy

11:04 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Why not have the body buried at the allotment, and have the cops dig over the plot for the owner? A new book is an ace idea- all the more goodies for readers.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: Somebody's going to have to get buried in the allotment! Just not too sure who yet! Hotboy

9:13 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Why not get Irvine Welsh to write it, then split the royalties? Problem solved.

9:15 AM  
Blogger rob said...

HB - About you not having a camera. A likely story! How do you explain this then?

http://www.likemybody.com/hot-picture/h/hotboy.htm

9:21 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan! Why don't you get yourself a proper job and lay off this dodgy surfing habit? Dearie me. Anyway, I am of course more handsome by far! Hotboy

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.