Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ra 600th Post!

Tuesday 8:55 p.m.
I started looking for some books to maybe help me with plotting my crime story. I found this book by a guy called John Pridmore. I think it was called From Gangland to Promised Land, the story of the man behind the machete. I'm looking to see if I can see how London criminal gangs might operate when I come upon this account of a born again experience, if that's what they are. Anyway, very like some of the conversion experiences from The Varieties of Religious Experience.

The guy went breathless and thought he was dying. When you're supposed to be collecting the Four Blisses, I remember reading that you might think the first time it happens that you are dying. Oh no! Breathless, not breathing, breathless. So he thinks he'll certainly go the hell and falls on his knees asking for one last chance. Then he gets the mega love, and seems to go out of clock time for about four hours, which he thinks is about a minute or two from his end.

I couldn't help but notice how similar this seemed to a kundalini arousal. Because John Pridmore was western, of course, he had a slightly different interpretation. Anyway, the experience seems to have completely turned this guy's life around. And, interestingly enough, he's gone with the catholics.

I've been trying to plot a story interweaving crime with deity yoga, or something like that, so this book couldn't have been more appropriate. I goggled the joe and sent him an email saying thanks very much.

It's this kind of experience which the Tibetans have worked out how to engender in folk and, I mean, how clever is that?!

5 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

Congratulations on your sextacental (?) post! Many more to come, we hope.

I had an short but striking encounter with a Buddhist taxi-driver in Colchester this week, who also says all you need to do is meditate. He said there's four schools of vajrayana Buddhism, but I didn't know which one you belong to. Do the Tibetans train you in evangelism, or what? Jews (at least the non-messianic types) just don't proselytise.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say Hotboy!

What about the European Song Contest? Did the Aussies win that one as well?

MM III

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: The calvinist work ethic aspect of moi was trying to stop at 600 since this bloggy stuff is now a real frippery, but I guess I'll blog on.
The Samye Ling people are Karma Kagyu, or Kagyuptas, I think. I've only spoken to a Tibetan about 5 times, but I find it frustrating that I'm the only joe I know who gets ra bliss. I went to the buddhists because I was geting ra bliss. They didn't give me it. As far as the Judaism is concerned, doesn't your maw have to be a jew? If you can convert, that's good, but I'm not into letting anyone near my genials with a razor blade! You don't have to be a buddhist to meditate.Hotboy
Mingin'! Don't you like the Aussies just because they beat the Englanders at everything?

8:17 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Stop at 666.

Your mention of taking the razor blade to the goolies was timely. Need I say more?

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.