Monday, May 21, 2007

Ra Nazi Bike Workshop!

Monday 9:35 p.m.
I did something today. Usually, I avoid that, especially doing something to things which have broken. Normally, with things that are broken, I find it better to walk away, or else the shouting and screaming in frustration may commence. But needs must. Tonight I fixed the slow puncture on the bike by putting in a new inner tube. This is on a back wheel and it's got 21 gears attached to it somehow.

The last time I attempted something like fixing a bike was about forty years ago. It only took me forty minutes. The sweat was pouring out of me so after that I did my physical jerks.

So tomorrow the cycling to work will recommence after giving in to the filthy weather in December.

I've had a wonderful Monday holiday from work. The meditations were excellent and I went to the Botanic Gardens with the Domestic Bliss after she picked me up at the allotment. Then we went back to the allotment and she worked while I sat outside and pretended I was maybe reading for two hours. The meditations then were superb. Everything was pretty beautiful looking sometimes today, and I even got my bike fixed without screaming and shouting and kicking anything at all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Just a toy said...

I see that even Bhuddists have their moments

12:23 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, I am going to be off work next Monday! Memorial Day weekend!
Have a wonderful blissful week!
~xo

2:33 AM  
Blogger rob said...

I avoid puncture repairs by means of always leaving the bike at home. I find that helps.

40 minutes is good time for a back wheel tube change. But can you or can you not do ra links?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo! Patience has never been my strong suit. Also, I think properly qualified members of the working class should do everything like that, at top rates of course!
Lee Ann: Enjoy your holiday.
Onan? Is that you? By links to you mean link sausages? You've be better off on the crack pipe than starting in with that malarkey! Once you've inserted a few .. well, you won't be able to stop! Dearie me! Hotboy

9:06 AM  
Blogger miss h said...

Dear Bicycle Repair Man
Will you please come and fix my puncture.
Sandy

9:56 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Trip? You don't go anywhere if you clicky on trip, but I left a message on your bloggy anyway! Hotboy

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.