Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ra Happy Holidays!

Wednesday 1:30 p.m.
I don't have to go back to work till January 8th! Yippee! Yippee! Yippee!

Having finished The Varieties of Religious Experience about a week ago, I finally finished The Kite Runner last night. Could have taken me four months to finish it! It's a very well written book, if a wee bit melodramatic towards the end. It's all about a bunch of Afghani flatheids. Because they have never even heard of ra bliss and go around with their heads stuck up their bottoms, of course they have a rotten time quite often. If you want to know something about Afghanistan and what goes on there among the evil bourgeois and some other folk who are too dumb to meditate, this could be a good book for you. I'm just about to start reading Medicine Buddha Teachings by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. Just the job!

6:40 p.m.
" When scientists today investigate and scrutinise the atoms ... they find no indivisible and, therefore, permanent particles of matter. They find mostly space with variously described sorts of energies rushing around within it. These energies are also insubstantial, impermanent and unpredictable. They cannot be said to have any kind of permanent existence. The more scientists investigate, the more illusory the nature of matter appears. The Buddha discovered this same truth in meditation 2,500 years ago, and the Buddhist tradition has been teaching it ever since. " Is this true?

7:30 p.m. Or is it the same as saying: It's just a lot of old photons!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Lucky you...I only get a couple of days off next week!
I have been told that I am melodramatic...I think I am realistic!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: They make you work awful hard in America. Had to learn what melodramatic was when I used to try and write scripts. Drama and melodrama. I think melodrama is not flagged. Unflagged incidents. Or coincidence. Not quite right, but okay in a novel, I suppose. Have a joyful few days anyway, Lee Ann!

7:07 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Dear Sir, Thanks for your offer of a 150 percent pet bereavement staff discount. Let's get this straight - you're offering to pay me to kill my dog. What kind of business model are you working from? If you need a new accountant, Thatcher sent me on a book-keeping course for small business, and I can count up to 150. Does that help?

Lee Ann - you're a manual reader, so anything you do is fine by me.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! After consultations with the party of the first part, we've decided to cut your staff discount to enhance profits. Even if you can count up to 150, it won't help you now! Hotboy

12:46 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotbot - I've had no option but to give my stockbroker a sell order for the Pet Bereavement shares.

Eric - if they sell German weissbier/wheatbeer at your local bottle shop, that's all the information you need.

My award to myself for best home brew this year turned out to be "Heather" Canadian Blonde. My compliments to you and your countrypersons.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric: At this moment we're talking about Baltika Lager Beer at 5.1% in a 500 ml bottle. From Russia. What do they know about beer? It wasn't treated as alcohol there till recently! Not recommending the beer, but at four for the price of three, well, how could I resist? Especially since I'm bound to be completely tee total soon! Hotboy p.s. I would have bought the Erdinger, but it wasn't cold.

9:29 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Whether it is true is, of course, the wrong question. The answer, as we both know, is that nothing exists outside your mind.

With some people (not present company) nothing exists inside their mind either. Everything has to balance up. Think Rangers and Celtic if that helps. Does it? As I thought.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.