Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ra Summary!

Sunday 11:45 p.m.
Things just got better and better after I walked away from the jobbie on Wednesday. So I'm doing ra bliss all Saturday morning and then I'm shadowboxing through the first half of the Scottish Cup Final ... when who walks in the door but Benny and the Midnight Runners, the Lou Reed, the joe and josephine, my deep dear friends from the Wiziristan of Scotland, the Wild West. Party time and sorted, we're off to conjoin with our friend with the M.S. and the reception for the building of the decking out the back.

Most of the folk I've known for over thirty years, which is wonderful, and if I haven't known them for that long it's because they are progeny. Poisonous at one point was sitting bolt upright on the sofa while his kid holds up four fingers, and says: How many, Dad?

But I'd decided not to drink. They don't lose anything from bevvying. They don't get ra bliss. They don't have ra bliss. They are my deep dear friends, but I say: I am very sorry, my deep dear friends, but yous are flatheids and do not get any of ra bliss, and do not know about ra bliss, and cannot get out of your face on air, so I'll see yous later.

This is a very beautiful garden in Marchmont. Fortunately,it is cold and a bit wet sometimes and this means that the flatheids will not venture maybe too much down the garden, and I can sit on the one seat semi-obscured, and see how the investigations into ra bliss are going. But they, the flatheids, who are my deep dear friends, do venture forth sometimes, and I always try to be nice as you do, but sometimes I say: Can you or can you not get out of your face on air? Being flatheids, my deep, dear friends, cannot get out of their faces on air, and really do not know what I am talking about, but I have known lots of them for over thirty years, so I think they may not bother if I'm a bit peculiar.

The bugs are slow because of the dank and, as it's getting dark, I've gone off for my second respite away from the flatheids, and it is truly, truly wonderful to be there, and ra bliss is coming on so exceptionally.... at one time I joined my chummies and their offspring on the patch of grass, but how sad it was that they did not get ra bliss, and never will, because they do not meditate.

It didn't matter about 20 years ago when I started raving about meditation to these joes and josephines. Then the meditations were just interesting and interesting, but I could not access ra bliss the way I can do now. So, now it felt so sad that their time had passed by, and after it had gone, the babes weren't babes anymore, and the men were old and fat, and the only one who could do ra bliss... was moi!

And it seemed so true: At the end of the day, what it comes down to is this: Can you, or can you not, do ra bliss?!

Just meditate or blow your brains out now, Jack.

Someday some young alien from Outer Space, or a Masai Warrior, or one of my spam robot chummies, may come upon this bloggy, and they will maybe mutter, why did he stop?

It should mean something. The effort should have a reciprosity. If the flatheids are just too dumb to meditate .. well, bye, bye, I wish you well. Shame you didn't even start to become a proper human being. If there's twenty comments, I might start again. Otherwise, what's the point? Flatheids just don't get ra bliss!!!!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, but have never before commented, so thought I might as well go ahead!

I'm not a Masai warrior or spam robot, but a meditator who got "ra bliss" very early on when I began to sit, but then stopped getting it for quite some time--a few years. Odd thing is that as good as it felt, I didn't miss it. But recently, I've started getting it again when I sit. Realized that the only reason I wasn't was a kind of tension and control freak tendency I was bringing to it. Bliss just naturally arises when you stop doing that shit! And you get quiet. It's only the fighting with yourself, the attempt to control, that keeps the mind tense and rigid.

Anyway... I love your blog--it never fails to cheer me up and inspire me, no matter what my mood--and will miss it if you retire it. Either way, though, I just wanted to share some words of appreciation for your great blog.

3:17 PM  
Blogger ion said...

There- you've received affirmation from 'nobody' above, who can get ra bliss and is not even a flatheid! Now you can't give up!

I'm considering a petition to the Australian ladies' volleyball team to allay your threats of killing the blog. Surely you'd listen to them.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

see! it´s not the amount of comments that is important but the quality.

You must keep on Rablissing away.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Somebody! You're the first person in over two years who's admitted to getting ra bliss! Hurrah! That really cheered me up! It is funny stuff re not missing it when it's not there. It's not like other things that make you feel good, like drugs. Oddly non-addictive in that way maybe. Hope there's tons of it coming your way!
Ion and Toyo: Thanks for your support. I will keep blogging. I just been feeling guilty about it, especially when I'm not writing at the moment. A breathalyser on this bloody machine would be a help though! Thanks again! Hotboy

11:27 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Just helping keep up the comment quantity.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan? These comments have stopped registering with my email at Yahoo. Is this also happening in Bavaria? I'd like to go back to the Stone Age now, please. There's got to be less hassle just sitting in a cave! Hotboy

10:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hotboy--it's funny you use the word "admitted." I find that the topic of bliss in meditation gets dour and skeptical, if not outright hostile, reactions from a lot of the other Buddhists I mention it to. I think maybe people still have that Christian guilt trip thing going on, that religious practice is supposed to be some sort of painful ordeal. Not to say that meditation can't be annoying as hell when the mind's stirred up or filled with negativity, but some people seem freaked out by the suggestion it doesn't always have to be that way, that meditation can actually be a source of supreme pleasure.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Somebody! We are indeed fortunate creatures! Maybe some cats got it and some cats aint! But you're lucky to speak to other meditators. I don't know anyone in Edinburgh who does much, but according to what I've heard it's in the third stage of the five stages. You can't avoid it. You do the the calming meditations enough (maybe and well enough?) and it's going to be there. I'm so happy you at least know something about ra bliss! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! Hotboy

10:08 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Somebody! When I started getting lots of ra bliss (I started getting up at 6 a.m. to combat the nicotine addiction), I spoke on the phone to a very good author here in Chilly Jockoland, called Alan Spence, who was well into the meditation by then. He said even Paramahansa Yogananda spoke of dry spells. In the tradition I'm following ra bliss is a side effect. I think the folk who can really do ra bliss, don't talk about it because it makes them seem mad to the flatheids! Hotboy

10:13 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm definitely not at a very advanced stage with ra bliss--I don't experience near the juju that you seem to describe here. But it seems to me to all be rooted in the same basic principle--when you let go of aggression and control and just rest the mind, it naturally becomes blissful. This book (guy who wrote it said that what inspired him to become a Buddhist monk was the discovery that meditation was more pleasurable than anything else he'd ever experienced, even sex) actually helped me a lot with my meditations--I still pretty much do what I've always done (bring the attention to the breath, gently return it when it wanders--shamatha, basically), but have become more aware of my tendency to aggress against my own state of mind. When I can catch that and let it go, bliss appears! In the same way that if you've been carrying around a heavy load and can finally set it down, it feels good. It's a sense of release. To me, when it gets intense, it feels like warmth and light flooding my body and mind.

And I think it's sad enough that so many people don't give meditation a try; I think it's even sadder that so many of those that do don't get ra bliss! As a Zen Buddhist, I've had to do some digging and research to find out more about this aspect of meditation as Zen doesn't emphasize it, at least not overtly. It's hinted at in Zen poems, but that's about it.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Somebody! What else was there to do? It's for smart people. It's the mind game! The mind game is the only game in town! I think I just repeated and repeated a sound to myself. Ra bliss is like a piece of string. How long is a piece of string? Investigating non-self and emptiness must be for truly fortunate creatures! But it might be harder when you're young, since you have so much else to do. I think those of us fortunate to have found any semblance of ra bliss, should stick with ra bliss and see where it leads us. We can do all the other stuff as well. Yes! We can! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! Hotboy

1:21 AM  
Blogger rob said...

HB - I was going to reply to your question, but what's the point if you're not being notified when comments arrive?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

The mind game is the only game in town!

Hear hear!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I found these extra comments while looking for a url for Somebody. Is the comment alert giving anyone else bother? No, don't tell me here! Hotboy

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.