Thursday, February 17, 2005

Back to Edinburgh!

Got back from the Samye Ling a couple of hours ago. Didn't have a conversation lasting more than a minute over the entire week until I was leaving today. Meditating maybe ten hours a day for seven days. Felt very calm when I was leaving the place today. Unusually calm.

The afternoons are not the best times to meditate if you're doing the inner heat juju and I thought I'd waste some time blogging on this and sending emails to people, so the cafe shut. I thought when I went there that I'd be spending all week in the really beautiful temple they have, but it was closed more or less all day for sixteen days. They've got a practice bit at the back which I'd never really meditated in before ... not sure if I was allowed, that kind of thing. So I went in there.

Wonderful place with a shiny wooden floor you can do Tai Chi sets on. It was often empty.

But it wasn't one of the best weeks of my life. I didn't feel so joyous or exhilerated as I have felt when I've stayed there for a week before. Can't complain about how the meditations went though. In the evening I did go into the temple and waited for the Chenrezig prayers at seven. I was more blissed out than I'd ever been every night. Sometimes dazed with bliss. I got a nano second view once of what it might be like to be able to actually do Deity Yoga as opposed to trying to do it. That's the way the bliss started. Tiny glimpse. Comes slowly towards you. Then one day you can close your eyes and there it is.

I'm very tired! Deity yoga is a very wonderful and strange thing. Raising inner heat has to be some kind of indicator as to how utterly, profoundly ignorant I am and we are. What don't we know? We don't even know what we don't know.

I don't believe in things. I come from a rational, deeply skeptical point of view. I want to investigate technique. You do this and this happens. It's nothing to do with God or religion. It's nothing to do with being holy or pious. It's about the human beings. It's the mind game. But Deity Yoga and Guru Yoga are just blowing me away. Ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss.

I think I started this blog to record how I failed to get an agent and not make any money at all, but really who cares? I don't think agents inherently exist anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

Why don't you post a picture of the monastery?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.