Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ra Samye Ling

I'm on day 3 of a week long retreat here at the Samye Ling Monastery and Tibetan Cultural Centre. This is the most wonderful place and it is in Scotland. I logged onto the internet today to see if anything was happening with the page I set up to attract money, sorry, an agent or publisher for my wonderful writings. Of course, if they were that wonderful ....
The web page (www.geocities.com/madyamika2000/index.html) has received 53 hits since it was set up last week and I have no idea what that means. Hardly anybody knows about it and no one emailed me. At the moment I'm working on an agent from PFD . Well, I sent him an email inviting him to get even richer by looking at my page, but he probably deleted the bugger without looking at it. But I'll get a no from everyone sooner or later.

Actually, find it hard to care at the moment.

I'm on the bottom rung of the great Vajrayana and I'm down here to let the blessings of the great Kagyu masters sink through my bones. But I'm not a very good Buddhist really. I like meditating and the Buddhists have the skillful means. I'm not very compassionate and tend to call folk who don't meditate flatheids. This isn't very buddhist, but most people have completely flat heads and don't even know it.

My head inflates a bit down here. The first couple of days are usually a bit tough what with the no telly, radio, papers, drugs and what all else. I don't really have conversations with people down here either.

The happiest times of my life have been spent here. Two weeks: one last October when I came down here with a tent and the summer before that when I had a room for a week.

After a few days of doing little else but meditate, do Tai Chi sets and reading, and eating, it starts to kick in: ra bliss. Ra bliss sometimes feels as if it inflates your whole body. I feel silly sometimes talking to flatheids about ra bliss because people who don't meditate are never goingto get it.

The machine is about to go phut. I'll go and meditate! Hotboy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.